Search for content in message boards

Samuel Nolen-Pitkin La

Samuel Nolen-Pitkin La

Posted: 29 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 11:16PM GMT
Surnames: Nolen, Whitney, Cain
I am looking for information on the family of Samuel Nolen.
I do not know the name of his wife, but here are the names of their children:

1. Ernest Samuel Nolen born 27 Oct 1906 and died 30 Mar 1983 in Oakdale La. He is buried at Paul Cemetery in Lecompte La. He married Oneater Whitney daughter of Rosalie Cain and Samuel Whitney.

2. Bessie Nolen married to ? Moore
3. Willard Nolen, died June 1975 in New Orleans La
4. Wesley Nolen
5. Lloyd Nolen

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tammy

Re: Samuel Nolen-Pitkin La

L. Bennett (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2001 3:09PM GMT
Surnames: Nolen, Barton, Johnson, Carathers
Samuel Nolen's father was Sam A. Nolen. His wife was named Calvis. I don't know her maiden name. He had two sisters--one was named Mattie Josephine-- she was my great grandmother. He also had a brother named Dewey Nolen.

Mattie had three children--Willie Jewel Barton, Helen Mildred Carathers, and Otis Juanita Johnson. Otis was my grandmother. I would also like more information on this family. Mattie lived most of her life in Oakdale.

In 1910 Earnes was 3 and Bessie was 1. I found that on the census records.

Posted: 16 Nov 2001 3:44PM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2002 11:50AM GMT
Surnames: Streety, Chambers, Collier, West, Bennett, Nolen, Cain, Whitney
I am so glad to hear from someone from this line.
I don't have alot of information yet, I just started with this part not long ago, but will send you what I do have. Would you happen to have any pictures? Please email me at tpcrockett@aol.com.

Many thanks,
Tammy

Re: Samuel S. Nolen-Pitkin La

Posted: 3 Dec 2001 2:34PM GMT
Edited: 27 Apr 2002 7:05PM GMT
Surnames: Nolen,
Samuel S. Nolen, and brother William C. and sisters Jennie and Hobbie, appear on 1880 Census, (posted under Vernon Par. archives) p. 48-18...

They are children of Samuel A. Nolen and Josephine Smith, (married Rapides Par., 20 Aug. 1869, #33, witnessed by Mary M. Merritt (my ancestress' Alice Ann Howard Merritt's sister, soon to be Simon's wife) and his brother Simon Nolen.

Samuel A. Nolen and Simon Nolen were sons of David Lewis Nolen and Amanda Terrell (appear on 1870 Census and 1880 just above Simon, and witnessed marr. of Simon Nolen to Mary Merritt in Rapides Par., 2 Mar 1871), son of Absolom Nolen and Mary of South Carolina, ( in Rapides Par. La. and 16 Nov 1840 BLM land record Benton Co. Miss., also1840 Census in Spartanburg Co. South Carolina )

Hope this is helpful.

Posted: 23 Apr 2010 4:10PM GMT
To L. Bennett so glad to find your message on the internet. I was so excited to see Dewey Nolen he was my grandfather. Mitt was my grandmom. How well I remember going with grandpaw to see aunt Mattie-she was quite a character but so was the whole Nolen family. My mom was Dovie(called Sis) I grew up in Cameron where my Dad was from moved to Soapstone community after hurricane Audrey-finished at Fairview High.I live in Al. but we have built a summer home there- we live next to Sonny Nolen.We plan a trip home in late May. Like to hear from you. fayebwilson@gmail.com

Posted: 24 Dec 2012 1:15AM GMT
my ggrandfather was Samuel nolen..Pitkin,La. my gfather his son Dewey. Would like to hear from anyone that is kin. I need some info.on the family. Hope somone will read this and reply..many thanks faye wilson(Al.)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic