Search for content in message boards

WW2 births at Suntrap Maternity Home High Beach Loughton Essex

WW2 births at Suntrap Maternity Home High Beach Loughton Essex

Keith Foster (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2006 8:55PM GMT
Classification: Birth
Edited: 11 Apr 2009 5:13AM GMT
These births to evacuated expectant mothers from London's east end would most likely have been recorded under Waltham Holy Cross registration district. I would like to compile an inventory of names and would appreciate any submissions with full details from birth certificates. The building has been used as Waltham Forest's field study centre for children for over 40 years. I am assisting their quest for archive material.

Re: WW2 births at Suntrap Maternity Home High Beach Loughton Essex

Posted: 10 Apr 2009 4:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
My wife; Patricia Ann Holmes was born at 'Sun Trap' on 27th August 1941

Posted: 14 Dec 2010 3:26PM GMT
I was born at SunTrap High Beech Epping on 6th August 1945.

Posted: 14 Dec 2010 3:39PM GMT
I'm terribly sorry and although it may appear a sharp comment after you took the trouble to respond, BUT, without any identity of who you were at birth(as mentioned in my 2006 posting), the response is not of any value to the accumulation of data which the Suntrap Centre requires. If you wish to advise privately I will accept a response to my direct email so that the information is acquired for the Suntrap Centre in that way. Thanks. email address follows.
kefo.44@btopenworld.com

Posted: 25 May 2011 11:15AM GMT
hello my wifes brother was born on the 18 june 1942 his name is thomas walter brown his mother was amy ellen brown they lived in forest gate his father was walter brown who was in the RAF at the time hope this helps best regards

Posted: 25 May 2011 1:52PM GMT
I am very grateful for the full details being supplied as on a couple of previous occasions Thank you. Unfortunately berniinns has not provided any formal id from the December posting and return request I made.
Still 3 isn't bad so far.

Posted: 29 Jun 2011 5:41PM GMT
Surnames: Woolgar
Sadly my Mum died on Saturday and I have just been to register her death. Looking at her birth certificate I noticed that she was born at Suntrap, but didn't know why, because I knew that her family lived in Colman Rd, Beckton E16

Mum's full name was Gillian Louise Woolgar, and she was born on 18th October 1943. Her parents, Robert and Mary and other family members lived at 151 Colman Road

I have been to the building at High Beech, and regularly go up there on my bike, so I feel thst I now have an extra connection to the place

Posted: 6 Nov 2011 8:31PM GMT
I have just noticed your request for births at Suntrap, High Beach. I was named Jennifer having been born to Arthur Albert and Violet Florence Maud Gardner on 31 October 1942. At the time, they were living in Ilford

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 8:14AM GMT
Surnames: Hayden
I was born on the 18th October 1943 at Suntrap - my mum Miriam was evacuated from 12 Calverton Road East Ham E6 - I now live in Brisbane, Australia. mum died at age 98

Posted: 22 Nov 2011 8:28AM GMT
Thanks for the last reply submitted - the lady from Brisbane (or Brissie as it's called over there I believe.

I would however appreciate learning if your Surname at birth was Hayden- just for the record of keeping replies to this very small project.
Thank you in the meantime, especially for mentioning that whilst expecting, your mother was evacuated from home address at 12 Calverton Road - just 3 miles from where I live myself. I shall go take a look at the address and take a current photograph which perhaps you might like to receive as a family record?
If so please feel free to send me an email DIRECT with your email address so I can send back the photo attachment;
kefo.44@btopenworld.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions