Search for content in message boards

HYDE - Claiborne and Webster Parish, Louisiana?

HYDE - Claiborne and Webster Parish, Louisiana?

Posted: 7 Jan 2005 4:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Mar 2005 11:11PM GMT
Surnames: HYDE, WATTIS, LEE
I am working on the Hyde line in my mother's family, and have little to go on. I'm hoping that someone on the Hyde board may be able to help me out.

I need info on the family of Mattie Alice Hyde, born 18 July 1881 in Webster Parish, LA. She married Jordan Edmond Wattis in 1900, and lived in Cotton Valley, Webster Parish, LA until her death in 1974.

I have some info that her parents were Joshua Square Hyde and Nancy Parmelia Lee. I did uncover a J.S. Hyde, married to Nannie Hyde, and living in Claiborne Parish on the 1880 Census, but have not been able to confirm a connection to Mattie. I am searching for confirmation and/or additional information on Mattie's family line.

Your help will be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

Re: HYDE - Claiborne and Webster Parish, Louisiana?

Posted: 14 Jun 2009 8:27PM GMT
hello,
i was wondering if you have found your information on the hyde line of your family because my great grandmother is from cotton valley, LA and i was wondering if they might have any information on the surname that i am researching which is ROBERTSON/ROBINSON. please contact me at frmathis@verizon.net. thanks

Posted: 14 Jun 2009 11:45PM GMT
Surnames: HYDE - ROBERTSON - ROBINSON
Good to hear from you, although I had hoped you might have information......

I have no way of telling just where my research was back when I posted that inquiry about Hydes. I have hoped since to hear from someone with a verified connection. I suspect that my data is more extensive, but it has been a slow and painful process.

I believe that I now have the complete list of parents and siblings for my Mattie Alice Hyde (1881-1974). I have not found anything definite further back on her family.

What exactly are you looking for in your ROBERTSON/ROBINSON lines for Cotton Valley? If you can provide some names and dates, I may be able to help you along. No promises, but I will check the resources I have and see what turns up.

Randy G. Herbert
Baltimore, MD

Posted: 15 Jun 2009 2:35AM GMT
thanks for responding. you aunt was born around the same time that my great grandmother amanda was born. i was just hoping that your aunt or maybe someone in the family might have mentioned a ROBINSON/ROBERTSON before. what ever you can find out wil help out a lot. thanks again
FELICIA

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 4:27AM GMT
Surnames: Hyde, Mashaw, Lewis
I'm wondering if you've come across a connection between any of "your" Hyde's and anyone with surname Mashaw or Lewis?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions