Search for content in message boards

Admiral George Dewey

Admiral George Dewey

Posted: 22 Feb 2008 6:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
A relative of mine has an old book that he wants to get rid of.
It's "Life of George Dewey" "Dewey Family History"

Printed in 1898 by the Dewey Publishing Co. of Westfield Mass. and has over 1100 pages of genealogoy information, some quite detailed.

Other than two references to Carriers in the book we have no use for it and would like to give it to some person or institution involved in researching this line.

Neal Carrier

Re: Admiral George Dewey

Posted: 22 Feb 2008 7:07PM GMT
Surnames: Dewey
Neal, if you are serious about giving it away I would be more than happy to pay the UPS shipping charges.

Tom Dewey
Coudersport, Pa.

Posted: 22 Feb 2008 7:07PM GMT
I am researching the Dewey family through my brother-in-law's line and would be happy to take the book. I will gladly pay for all shipping costs. Contact me directly at diggnroots@sbcglobal.net so that we may discuss this.

Posted: 22 Feb 2008 7:38PM GMT
Surnames: Dewey
I would dearly love to have the book and will gladly pay a price for it as well as shipping and handling. All of my Dewey ancestors are lost to me. My father was Robert Dewey, Terre Haute, Indiana. My parents were divorced when I was less than two years old and just a couple of years ago, I located my half sister(died this past Oct) and found I know more of our family than she did. Would like to establish family tree for our descentdents. Many thanks. Faye

Posted: 23 Feb 2008 12:30PM GMT
I'd love to have it. I'm a descendant and have a library, however do not have any books on my Dewey family.
Jim

Posted: 23 Feb 2008 12:32PM GMT
I failed to mention that I'll of course pay any of your expenses. I think because of all the action you have that you should put it on e-bay and then donate the profit to your favorite charity.

Re: Admiral George Dewey Book

Posted: 25 Feb 2008 3:54AM GMT
Surnames: dewey
Dear Mr. Neal Carrier:
I have some ancestry my father Harold Francis Dewy put to-gether before he died. He was born near Cadillac Michigan. The possibility of obtaining your subject book would be great, if it's not too expensive !!
What is your asking price?

Posted: 17 Feb 2011 3:30PM GMT
Hello - I somehow came across your info. Looks like we may share a relative. My grandfather (James Robert Dewey's father) was Robert Royce Dewey. Please take a look at my very new tree. I just started yesterday and have a little big going on, but saw that you had a link to Sarah Dewey (I dont know her maiden name). Please let me know if any of my tree looks like it matches with yours... Would love to chat and exchange info. I have some birth & death certificates which is how I have gotten so far.

Posted: 18 Feb 2011 4:37AM GMT
I would love to have a copy or the book as well. I will be happy to pay you for the book or copies plus shipping.
Melani

Posted: 18 Feb 2011 6:55AM GMT
Surnames: Dewey, Holton
Did your house shake just a little while ago? That was me yelling. If I'm correct, I'm your great aunt!!!
As I mentioned, I finally got in touch with my half sister, Wanda's daughter and she couldn't help very much. She did send me a picture of James and her at a school reunion. I certainly hope we can help each other in filling out the Dewey tree...the Alma Holton you have in your list is /was my mother, she died in 95. I don't mind email but prefer the phone. You are in your 30's or early 40's right? I have a few answers for you and a zillion questions. So glad to meet you. Faye
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions