Search for content in message boards

Braynen, Montell, Henderson

Braynen, Montell, Henderson

Dawn (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2005 10:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Braynen, Montell, Henderson
Looking for any information or sources of information for these families who I believe are among my ancestors:.

John Braynen, died 1825, Berry Islands
Thomas Henderson, died 1864, New Providence
Francis Montell, died 1830, New Providence
Henry H. Montell immigrated to Baltimore, MD 1836
Isabell Henderson Montell (Henry's wife)

Please e-mail to Dawn at mylgbs@aol.com
Thanks so much.

Re: Braynen, Montell, Henderson

Posted: 27 Mar 2007 1:30AM GMT
Hi,
We are searching the Brennan/Brennen/Braynen families of Berry Island as well. I have some information and was hoping that you might have some as well that we could swap. My husband is descended from Benjamin Brennen whom I believe is a brother of your Braynen.
Mo Brennan

Posted: 5 May 2007 3:08AM GMT
Surnames: Brennan, Hepburn, Bain
Hi,
I just received copies of the wills of James (John's father) and Henry (John's brother) Braynen. If you are interested in any information please respond.
Thank you .
Mo Brennan

Posted: 21 May 2007 2:52PM GMT
Surnames: Braynen
Thanks for the message. I've been away from my Braynen genealogy research for a while, and didn't know you'd sent a prior message. I'll get back to my papers and see how these names fit into my search. I'll be back in touch. Dawn

Posted: 22 May 2007 11:53PM GMT
Surnames: Brennan, Braynen, Brenen, Hepburn
Thank you - I look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 27 Aug 2007 1:01AM GMT
HI, my last name is Braynen. My father was from Freeport, Bahamas, where I understand there is a large presence of Braynens. Does anyone know the original roots of the name before the Bahamas? What country?

Posted: 8 Jan 2008 4:42AM GMT
Surnames: Brennan
Hi,
I've been told that the original Braynen/Brennan/Brennen came from Scotland by way of the USA in the late 1700's. I have copies of the wills of the first Brennen (who married one of his freed slaves and had 2 sons,Henry and John) and of Henry Brennen. John died at a fairly young age. Henry got married and had 3 children.

My husband's father's family is actually descended from a slave of his who took his name. We learned this after I had done quite a bit of research on James Brennen.

Posted: 8 Jan 2008 4:43AM GMT
Surnames: Brennan
Forgot to mention that Bill's family ended up in 8 Mile Rock which is very close to Freeport.

Posted: 25 Apr 2012 2:22AM GMT
Hi there,
I hope you haven't given up on yor search for the Brennen family history. I am a decendant of James Brennen I would love to know more of my family's history . and maybe this will help you Austin Brennen( who married Julia Espie daughter of Mary Brennen )I belive was born to James,my father was Austin's 2nd son Arlington Brennen

Tami

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 5:26AM GMT
Surnames: Braynen
This is John Braynen stop My research would indicate that James Braynen w as a war veteran with the English and after the revolution in South Florida He was given a grant of land in Exuma/ He shows up again in a crown grant Berry Island stop I think it was the same James Braynen who warned sailors not to stop at hif house in Marsh Harbour Abaco unless they were known to Him stop I am now learning that James Braynen had 2 sons John and Henry and maybe you can help me explore how the Family got to Andros
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions