Search for content in message boards

Castle family of Eastern KY

Castle family of Eastern KY

Posted: 21 Aug 2002 6:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Sep 2003 7:25PM GMT
I am also researching Castles. Would like to exchange info. I am descended from Andrew Jackson "Andy" Castle.

Betty J.
wdanielbjd@aol.com

Re: Castle family of Eastern KY

bill (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2002 6:33PM GMT
hi betty my name is bill russell (castle). i am a descended from silburn henderson castle he had a brother name andrew jackson castle . they father was zedekiah alan castle. if this is the same line maybe i can help you with something. please let me know on my e-mail address. thanks bill

CHUCK CASTLE (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2002 7:26PM GMT
I am decendant of Benjamin, 5th son of Jacob Jr. Zedikiah A. was 2nd son. Looking for parents of Benjamin Cassel Married Amanda Fosha 1866 Lawrence Co. Ky. Can anyone help?

Posted: 20 Oct 2003 4:41PM GMT
Hi Bill,

My name is Elizabeth Castle Monroe. I am a granddaughter descended down from Silburn and Zedekiah, they were both grandfathers to me, generations back. Would like to compare notes. My e-mail address is LizMon904@aol.com, please contact me.

Liz

Posted: 8 Nov 2003 10:32AM GMT
I am from the Andrew Jackson Castle line..Need help with the children of his son Lefner "Reff" Castle. I have all their names, need info on their locations and descendants. Please help me if you can, have hit a brick wall.
Margie

Sali Lusk (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2003 3:46AM GMT
My great grandfather, William Henry Harrison CASTLE had a brother by the name of Andrew Jackson CASTLE who died in the Civil War. They were from Floyd County, VA

Don Meenach (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2003 5:55PM GMT
Margie,
I have all the children of Lefner Castle listed, with the dates [year] of their birth. Most of this information I found searching the census reports for 1880 & 1900 Lawrence Co., & 1920 Pike Co. census. I don't have any census report for 1910. I do have him as being married two times. I have two of the children's spouse listed. Lefner was the son of Andrew Jackson Castle and Frances [Fannie] Boyd. Andrew was the son of Zedekiah Alan Castle and Julia Penix. That is my line, as I am a descendant of another son, Silburn Henderson Castle and Elizabeth Brown. If you need any other info, contact me directly.
Don Meenach

Posted: 27 Nov 2009 4:34AM GMT
Hello!
I am searching for David CASTLE born 12/2/1867 Lawrence Co., KY and died 2/2/1927 of the same. He married 11/26/1885 book 9; pg 58; in Lawrence Co., KY to Margaret Ida "Maggie" MOORE born 12/2/1869 and died 12/2/1908 in Lawrence Co., KY.
Their children were:
Louvene, Ephriam, Dennie, Clarence G., Lucinda, Frank Lee, Carl David, Okey and possibly Vinnie and Lottie.
David CASTLE remarried a 2nd time after the death of "Maggie" on 2/2/1909 to her sister, Vergie MOORE. Together they had 2 children, Dovie and Roberta "Bertie" CASTLE.
If any of this sounds familiar to anyone I'd love to exchange detailed info. in trade for the same. This has been a concrete wall for my family for YEARS and it's getting me to the point of stopping the search and I really don't want to do that to be honest.
Please email me directly at: crochetingmawmaw@hotmail.com
I don't think I can find this site again. :{
I anxiously await to hear from someone soon. Thanks in advance as it is greatly appreciated.

Karen
Columbus, Ohio

Posted: 27 Nov 2009 4:48AM GMT
Hi Bill!
Since you seem to be "the man" re: CASTLE ancestry maybe you can assist me, please.
I'm searching for David CASTLE born 12/2/1867 and died 2/2/1927 both in Lawrence Co., KY. He married 11/26/1885 (bk 9; pg 58) Lawrence Co., KY to: Margaret Ida "Maggie" MOORE born 12/2/1869 and died 12/2/1908 both in Lawrence Co., KY. Together they had the following children: Louvene, Ephriam, Dennie, Clarence G., Lucinda, Frank Lee, Carl David, Okey and possibly Vinnie and Lottie.
David remarried a 2nd time (after his wife's death) on 2/2/1909 in Lawrence Co., KY to "Maggie's" sister, Vergie MOORE. Together they had 2 children: Dovie and Roberta "Bertie" CASTLE.
If any of this rings any bells with you contact me:
crochetingmawmaw@hotmail.com
This has been a concrete wall for me for YEARS and I'm getting extremely frustrated. Either the wall or me may get hurt soon. It's not pretty. :{
Thank you in advance for whatever info. you are willing to share (and I in return) as it is extremely greatly appreciated.

Karen
Columbus, Ohio

Posted: 30 May 2010 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: castle/tackett
Do you know anything about a Johanna Castle born in the early 1800's who married a John Tackett. They are believed to have lived in the Putnam County, West Virginia area. Most likely they married in Gallia Co., Ohio but I do not have proof of this. We believe this family was large and some of the kids were Samuel Tackett born 1803 in Kanawha Co.W.Va. He married Hannah Davis and had a large family then my line, William L. Tackett who married Elizabeth Betsey Pauley and had a large family. I can list the families but since I am basically trying to locate Johanna Castle did not want to take up the Tacketts here. Thanks. gn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic