Search for content in message boards

Joseph Robb 1730 em. from County Down, Ireland

Joseph Robb 1730 em. from County Down, Ireland

Posted: 24 Jan 2005 12:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Feb 2005 5:11PM GMT
Surnames: Robb; Mcknight
According to "Colonial and Revolutionary Families of Western PA, John W. Jordan, HIstorical SOciety of PA" Vol II, Genealogical Publishing Company

"Joseph Robb, the American ancestor, emigrated from County Down, Ireland in 1730, and settled in PA with his wife and 3 sons: John Robb Sr. William, and Andrew....John Robb Sr. ws born in 1730 died in Washington County, PA in 1804......

IS THIS FAMILIAR TO ANYONE? If so could you please let me know? I am from John Robb Sr. (John N. Robb) line but I have 2 names for wives...Barbara McKnight who had 10 children and then I have a will with a Mary Robb..

I need to make sure John Robb Sr. and John N. Robb are the same. Any help would be most appreciated!
Thanks Linda

Re: Joseph Robb 1730 em. from County Down, Ireland

Posted: 19 Feb 2005 5:28AM GMT
Surnames: Robb
I believe you are talking about John Robb Sr., William, and Andrew the Sons of Joseph Robb. John Robb Sr. Married Barbara McKnight who was born in 1735 and they did in fact have ten children, John Jr. being one of them.
1. John ROBB was born 1730 in, Laancaster, Pennsylvanis and died 1804 in , Washington, Pennsylvania . He was the son of 2. Joseph ROBB. John Sr. married Barbara MCKNIGHT. She was born 1735 in Lancaster, Washington, Pennsylvania.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahnentafel, Generation No. 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Joseph ROBB was born in , Down, Ireland.

Children of Joseph ROBB are:1. i. John ROBB was born 1730 in Lancaaster and died 1804 in , Washington, Pennsylvania . He married Barbara MCKNIGHT. She was born 1735 in Lancaster, Washington, Pennsylvania.
ii. William ROBB was born in Ireland.
1. John ROBB was born 1730 in , Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and died 1804 in , Washington, Pennsylvania . He was the son of 2. Joseph ROBB. He married Barbara MCKNIGHT. She was born 1735 in Lancaster, Washington, Pennsylvania.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahnentafel, Generation No. 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Joseph ROBB was born in , Down, Ireland.

Children of Joseph ROBB are:1. i. John ROBB was born 1730 Lancaster Pennsylvania and died 1804 in , Washington, Pennsylvania . He married Barbara MCKNIGHT. She was born 1735 in Lancaster, Washington, Pennsylvania.

Colonial and Revolutionary Families of Pennsylvania
Genealogical and Personal Menoirs
EDITOR
John W. Jordan, LL.D.
Historical Society of Pennsylvania
John Robb Sr.
Military: A revolutionar War soldier, he and his eldest son, John, aged 20 years enlisted on December 11 1778, as teamsters or wagon masters in the 3rd Battalion of Lancaster Co. Militia, Capt. William Steel's Company (See Colonial and Revolutionary Families of Pensylvania)

BIOGRAPHY: In 1790 John Robb moved to "Omi" farm, a tract of 333 acres lying partially in Allegheny Co., PA., the main part in Robinson Township in Washington Co. He died there in 1804. His Will, probated in Washington Co,. Pa,. on Feb 8, 1804, mentions his wife Barbara and ten children. They were all members of the Reformed Presbyteroam Church at Pequa in Lancaster County.

DAR: Robb-D Digest Info from: DAR Patriot Index - Centennial Edition (Info submitted by (SUN7737@AOL.COM)
from Clearwater, FL

Now that I have you thourghly confused! Joseph did in fact leave from Ireland with his wife and three sons but the youngest John didn"t make it and died at sea. Once in tne states Joseph and wife had two more sons John Sr. and Joseph.

You mentioned a Mary the only one I see in the family is Josephs wife.

I would love to have a copy of "Colonial and Revolutionary Families of Western Pa. John W. Jorda, Historical Society of PA Vol !!.Our Libraries here just dont think that Genealogy is important and leave it up to the LSS. If you have information where I might obtain one I would be forever indebted.

Good Hunting,

UIL

Linda Sydeski (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2005 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Robb;McKnight
Thank you so much for the information! It answers so many questions!! THat double John thing really had me lost! Thanks again!
Linda

Posted: 7 Dec 2005 12:45PM GMT
Surnames: Robb
Dear Uil:
My Mother's first husband was Mark Lee Robb. I have a family tree going back to the 1700's so here is the path to Mark Lee Robb (1916 to 1945). His parents were Joseph Kerr Robb (1886-1963) and Gay Hassler. Joseph's parents were James McBurney Robb (1847-1918) and Anna Mary Walker. James parents were Mark Robb (1807-1893) and Jane S. Donaldson. Marks parents were John Robb (1758-1848) and Barbara McKnight. John's father was Joseph but birth dates and name of spouse did not appear on the family tree. From your note, you are related to Mark. Where do you fit in?
Steve Connolly
per page

Find a board about a specific topic