Search for content in message boards

Mary J Gates (married name Geddes)

Mary J Gates (married name Geddes)

Posted: 2 Aug 2008 3:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am currently trying to find information on an ancestor of mine. Her name is Mary J Gates. She was born in Nova Scotia CANADA bet. 1862-1863, moved to Maine USA, and then married in Massachusetts USA where she remained for the rest of her life. Spouse is John W Geddes, children include: Lillian, Alice, Minnie, Mildred, and Philip. Looking for any relatives or ancestors who might have information on her and her parents. (Her mother's name is Elizabeth Clark, her father is either John, David Gates, or a variation of the two names.)

Re: Mary J Gates (married name Geddes)

Posted: 3 Aug 2008 11:32AM GMT
I have found a Mary J.Gates born in NS, she says in 1853, in the USA 1880 Census, in Rochelle, Ogle, Illinois.
I haven't been able to find her parents in any of the local websites. Did Mary have any brothers or sisters??
Hope this info is of some help..

Posted: 4 Aug 2008 11:53PM GMT
My Mary J Gates is from Nova Scotia, moved to Maine, then settled and passed away in Massachusetts. So the one you mentioned is not my Mary J Gates. I do not know if she had any siblings, because I can not find her information before she was married. I believe her father's name was either John, David, or John David Gates and her mother may have been Elizabeth Clark. (This is an avenue I am hoping for some help on.) I am trying to find someone who can help me locate her information from Nova Scotia, and Maine, or has any information that way. Let me know if you find anyone matching this description with your further research.
Thank You for your help and your reply.

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 8:42PM GMT
Hello my name is Lorraine and I think I have the person you are looking for in my faimly tree....Mary J. Gates is my GGG-Gmother she was born in Nova Scotia in March 1886 and she died Sept. 17, 1925 in Haverhill,MA her husband is John W. Geddes,Mary's Father was John Gates and her mother was Elizabeth, my GG-Gmother is Lillian B. Geddes and her husband is Frank C. Cooper, my Grandmother was the child of Lillian and Frank's her name was Rena B. Cooper. I do belive these are the people you are looking for if you thinks so to please e-mail me at desertflowersnthings@yahoo.com for more info.

Posted: 28 Dec 2012 11:18PM GMT
Hello Lorraine, thank you for answering my message. Yes, these are my relatives. I have found a little more information since I posted this message. I am still in need of some information. If you would like to help me I emailed you at the address you listed. Again, thanks for replying.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic