Search for content in message boards

Cordick family from Bruce County, Ont.

Cordick family from Bruce County, Ont.

Posted: 23 Feb 2008 2:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm looking for information on the Johnston Cordick born about1856 who married Louisa Childs and had a son James Johnston Cordick born about 1880. Johnston's father may have been Thomas Cordick from Ireland who immigrated about 1852

Re: Cordick family from Bruce County, Ont.

Posted: 24 Aug 2008 9:29AM GMT
Surnames: Cordick
You wouldn't happen to have any Cordick surname history info or a Coat of Arms would you?

Posted: 16 Sep 2008 10:30PM GMT
No I don't have much information on this family at all except for the many variation of the spelling. They are from Ireland if that helps (If you don't already know).
Are you related to any? If so, who? Maybe we can exchange information.

Posted: 17 Oct 2008 7:01PM GMT
Surnames: Cordick
I've managed to track down both the Family History and Coat of Arms but I'm not in possession of it yet. It's a very difficult surname to track.

Posted: 17 Oct 2008 10:32PM GMT
You're right. I've been given an old family bible with names spelled Corich(or something like that , it's hard to tell with the spidery writing). Not sure if that's the original name or what but am pursuing it. Could you let me know when you get the coat of arms? Thanks.

Posted: 19 Apr 2010 1:44PM GMT
Surnames: Corduck
I have just begun researching my roots, and have found out my Great Grandfather married a Corduck. They were married in and lived in Brant Township, Bruce County, Ont. until the 1890's. Found a death record for my great great grandfather James Corduck stating he was born in Co. Donegal. The name Corduck didn't seem like an Irish name to me, so I am interested in the info from your family bible giving the spelling as Corich. i did a little checking online and found a Corish spelling. Could that possibly haved been the correct spelling of their last name? i realize this info was in a post from 2008, so hopefully you are stilling using this site!! Hope to hear from you!!!

Posted: 9 Sep 2010 2:43AM GMT
Surnames: Cordicks
James John Cordick 1886 married Jane Johnston: children 1) George, 1811 Ireland, 2) Johnston 1821 Ireland. Johnston married Sarah Anne Sheppard: children 1)Ellen , John George, Sarah Ann, Mary Jane. Thomas Cordick b)1826 married Sarah Jane Blackwell their children:Johnston James,John, Isabella, James, Susannah, Eliza, Martha,William and Sarah Jane. Johnston James Cordick b)1856 married Louisa Mary Childs their children:1) Mary Ann Elizabeth b)1879,2) James Johnston 1880, 3)Sarah Charlotte twin,4)Sadie twin b) 1883, 5)Thomas Edward 1885, 6)Louisa Harriett, 7)William George ,8) Oliver Edgar . James Johnston Cordick married Winnifred Maude King 1924 Moosejaw, Sask children: George, James, Thomas, John, Louisa, Stanley. I live in Vancouver, hope we can correspond, Nancy

Posted: 16 Aug 2011 3:41PM GMT
I am the grandson of james johnston cordick, If you have any info or pictures please send to dan.cordick@yahoo.ca

Posted: 19 Feb 2012 11:51PM GMT
HI my name is thomas cordick i live in ont my father was thomas wibur cordick .his father was john cordick . he had a brother named robert. they came from ireland around 1852.they landed around perth ont. my e-mail is thomascordick@gmail.com hope to hear from you

Posted: 20 Feb 2012 11:08PM GMT
Hi Thomas. I tried sending an email to your address, but it failed. Please respond to me at verlina.east@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic