Search for content in message boards

NORRIS AND SCARBOROUGH

NORRIS AND SCARBOROUGH

JO MCKENZIE (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: NORRIS, SCARBOROUGH
Someone in Butler County must know something about Joseph N. (or Joseph S.) Norris and his wife, Amelia "Milly" C. Scarborough. They lived in Butler County, Alabama in 1850. They moved to Milam County and then to Falls County, Texas, probably in the 1870's.

Not certain of my great grandfather's middle initial. Our family bible shows him as Joseph S. Norris. Other information shows him as Joseph N. Norris. I tend to go with the family bible. My grandfather, James Oliver Norris, is listed as JOSEPH Oliver on his death certificate!! WRONG!!!! His tombstone has it right, JAMES Oliver Norris. He always went by his middle name of Oliver. He is buried in Powers Chapel Cemetery in Rosebud, Texas. Other members of the Norris family are also buried there. It is a lovely place.

PLEASE E-MAIL ME IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING.

Posted: 7 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Dec 2001 3:22AM GMT
Surnames: Norris
Jo Do you know anything about Abud Norris?

NORRIS, SCARBOROUGH

JO MCKENZIE (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: NORRIS, SCARBOROUGH
PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE A NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS:
bmckenzie@interconnect.net

Norris,Scarborough

Mike Norris (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Norris
Your inquiry to Norris' living in Butler Co. is most interesting. William Oliver Norris came to North Butler Co. (Spring Creek) following the Civil War and married. He lived in Lauderdale Co., MS prior to joining the Confederate Army. He married a sister of a friend from the war and raised family and most of his descendents still live in the area. If you would like more information, please e-mail me at the above address. Based on what I have known up to now, I don't believe that he is related to the Joseph Norris that you mention, although the common middle name is most interesting.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions