Search for content in message boards

WILL DO FREE LOOKUPS! WAL CO

WILL DO FREE LOOKUPS! WAL CO

Posted: 20 Feb 2003 7:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Apr 2004 9:12PM GMT
Surnames: ALL
Finally after several months I'm back to doing research. I live in Walworth CO & will be going to the courthouse within the next week. I can do lookups for Birth, marriage, death records for anyone who needs them. I can also do copies of obits for the Lake Geneva Regional News going back to 1870 I believe. If you need anything please respond to THIS message with at least the Surname, year range and which record you want info from. I can look directly at these vitals and write down the contents for free. If your ancestor is there and you want the official copy, you'll have to send for the record.

Re: WILL DO FREE LOOKUPS! WAL CO

Bob Hyde (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2003 3:41AM GMT
Hi Georgia ,
That is a nice offer you have made . Heres what I'm looking for . a death record or obit for Dorthy or Dolly Hyde( maiden name Church ) born in Vermont abt 1797, married David Walker Hyde from New York about 1819 , and moved to Walworth county (Linn ) in 1846.
She died in 1879 "near" Geneva She is buried in the Linn Hebron cemetery and the dates come from the tombstone and match census records close. They had lived in Hebron for a few years ( 1850 census ) but the census records put them back in Bloomfied twp in 1860-1870, and Davids death was in Bloomfield in 1880 of which I have record.He was then living with his son William Church Hyde just east of Lake Geneva in NW Bloomfield twp. (an 1873 Plat map shows them almost neighbors at that time )
I would like her parents names if noted on an obit or death record and the exact dates of birth and death .She had 4 sons and 4 daughters . One daughter I do not have the name of , and perhaps an obit would list it . I have Loretta Chapin , Lodema Phillips ,and Ellen Pierce . A nice lady back there has furnished this information for me.
I wish I had a closer date than just 1879 , but her husbands notice didn't mention her (Lake Geneva Herald 9 April 1880) it was more like a news flash of his death than an obit.

Thanks for your efforts
Bob Hyde

Rowe / Rugg LU

JodyNiles (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2003 4:31PM GMT
Surnames: Rowe Rugg Hunt
Georgia-
Thank you for your kind offer! I'm looking for 2 obits & 3 marriages:
Obits:
William Thomas Rowe b. 1833, d. June 1917 Lake Geneva
Margaret (Rockefellow) Rowe b. 1834, d. June 11, 1910

I also have my ggggrandfather's 1st marriage in Geneva: (Hunt was Henry's mother's maiden name, so this alleged marriage intrigues me) and two possible sisters to Henry who probably resided in Linn/Delavan before their marriages.

Marriages:
Henry Rugg to Helen/Ellen Hunt? 12/2/1875
Huldah Rugg? m. to Thomas Coucklin 1869-1873 (Henry's twin)
Louisa Rugg? m. to Jerome Gates 1858-1860

I know this is a lot, but if you could find these obits or verify any of the information if you have the time, I would be extremely grateful! Thanks ever so much....
Jody

Re: Rowe / Rugg LU

Bob Hyde (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2003 5:01PM GMT
Surnames: Rugg
Hi , I have a shirttail Rugg in Pendleton Oregon who's Father was born in Walworth county in 1865 ( George W. Rugg - son of Alfred)so when looking in McHenry county Ill. ( neighbor to Walworth )and seeing one I put in down . Just a shot in the dark for you/

Ellsworth Rugg b-sept 1847
dau Ida b- oct 1878
dau Mary b-Nov 1880
son John H. b- Oct 1883

good luck
Bob Hyde

Ruben Ayala (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2003 5:49PM GMT
Surnames: Shippy Cronk Adkins Gough
Georgia -

I'm interested in finding a death certificate, for John SHIPPY. I don't know if you have the availability of an index, but I believe he passed between 1858 and 1860. Originally from New York, he came to Elkhorn. On the 1860 census, his wife, Martha Jane Shippy is listed with two children Harriet E and Caroline, but he is not. It's also possible that he was married to Martha Jane (Cronk) in Walworth County, since she was 16 when she gave birth to Caroline in 1856.

I'm sorry if this is too general, but this is a difficult area in my research and this is all I know at the present time from my documents.

Thanks

ruben ayala

Susan Buckland (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2003 12:54AM GMT
Hi Georgia, I have been helping a dear friend do some research on her family line. We are trying to find a birth record for her husband's grandmother. She was born in East Troy, Walworth, Wisconsin in 1860 to Joseph and Catherine Smith. I have been searching the web for almost a year and have yet to find anything on her. Would love to find her on a census in 1870 or a birth record. I would greatly appreciate any information you could find for me.
Sincerely,
Susan Buckland

correction to request

Bob Hyde (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2003 6:40PM GMT
Georgia,
I double checked and David Hyde and Dorothy Church are buried in the Hebron Cemetery and not the Linn-Hebron Cemetery as i mentioned. I'm not sure it makes a difference ,but thought I had best tell you .
Thanks
Bob Hyde

Posted: 24 Feb 2003 5:46PM GMT
Surnames: ALL
The only 2 obits that I found, I have already contacted you individually. All the others obit/death requests were not in the Lake Geneva papers.
I will be going to search the vitals at the county on Tuesday and will e-mail you all individually hopefully on Wednesday. I will do the 26 lookups I have received requests for and will check my e-mail one last time this evening for any additional requests. I hope that I can bring all of you some info that may be of help.

Posted: 24 Feb 2003 5:49PM GMT
Do you know the daughter's first name? I'll look either way, but it's easier if I have it.

Posted: 24 Feb 2003 6:34PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2003 3:55PM GMT
Georgia, what a nice thing for you to do!! I am interested in the deaths of two Stirmel men, would like to know who the parents are: George Adolph, died Dec 23, 1944 and George Stirmel died Aug 5, 1996. The spose of the first one would be wonderful to know, also. Thank you! You could keep your eyes open for a Frank Joseph Stirmel, born 1850!
Again, thank you for this offer!
Peggy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic