Search for content in message boards

Robert Fullerton - b 1768 Antrim Ireland

Robert Fullerton - b 1768 Antrim Ireland

Posted: 14 May 2012 7:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fullerton, Connolly, McKenna, Tracy
I am looking for information on Robert Fullerton, born in 1798 in Belfast, Antrim Ireland. He married a woman named Catherine although there is a lot of speculation on her maiden name, I have found nothing definite.

They had four children, Sarah, Robert, Alexander and John. I am decended from their son John, who married Eliza Jane Simpson. John and Eliza had 11 children. Their son John Simpson Fullerton was my 2nd Great Grandfather. John's son George H, adopted my grandfather, although family rumors claim him as the natural father as well.

I stall at Robert born in 1798, if anyone has any information I would loe to hear it!

Re: Robert Fullerton - b 1768 Antrim Ireland

Posted: 20 May 2012 4:41AM GMT

I'm also interested in learning more about Robert Fullerton. I've noticed you say he was born in 1768. Do you have documentation? Looking forward to exporing this further.
Cheers,Copper57

Posted: 23 Jun 2012 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: Fullerton, Simpson, Crawford & Nickerson
I am unclear on John's first name. It looks like he married Eliza Jane Simpson, but it doesn't appear she came to the Canada or the USA. Eliza Jane was arrested in Poss county, Tyrone, North Ireland on vagrancy. Now I find that "John" Married Catherine Jane Crawford who was born in 1760. I don't have a marriage date; they had five children and James William drowned while boarding a ship in Hopewell, New Brunswick, Canada. John was a Baptist and the children show to be Methodist and he was a farmer, but a man's trade varies on the census list. I am unclear if This John Fullerton has a middle name, different first name, etc. I also have another wife for John; Rachel Neomi Nickerson, married March 1887. I hope I have helped you without too much confusion???? Aloha, Joyce

Posted: 23 Jun 2012 4:35AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Aloha again, I show Robert's birthdate as 1798 in Belfast, North Ireland. He married Ann Davidson.

Posted: 23 Jun 2012 5:05AM GMT
Hi again,yup,thats the date that I also have for Robert Fullerton and that is the name of his first wife.

Posted: 23 Jun 2012 5:36AM GMT
I have John and Eliza Jane both buried in the Germantown Cemetery in Albert, Canada. Eliza Jane died first and was buried, and John remarried. I am not sure your Eliza Jane, with a criminal record in England is the same as the Eliza Jane that married John Fullerton. Eliza Jane Simpson was the daughter of James and Ephanias Simpson.

John came over with his mother Catherine, and Siblings. His father Robert (Born in 1768) had already passed on. I had originally thought it was Robert born in 1798, as both Catherine and Robert would have been quite old by the time he was born in 1814. I am not sure I have the information about Robert correct, so I am searching for information on him.

I have no backup for Roberts DOB, it is from other Family Trees. I am hoping to find backup. In Fullerton's of North America it lists him as "Unknown Fullerton" born 1759

Posted: 30 Jun 2012 8:59PM GMT
my e-mail is coppr@shaw.ca mail me your phone number and I'll give you a call and we'll talk/maybe figure out some family ties. cheers
per page

Find a board about a specific topic