Search for content in message boards

Neel/Neil/Neal

Neel/Neil/Neal

Jennifer Schwartz (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2001 4:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for any information on these surnames. I have the surname listed as "Neel" but believe the spelling was later changed. I know that this family were involved in the Revolutionary War and would like to exchange info with anyone who is researching this family in Charleston during that time.

Re: Neel/Neil/Neal

Bill Nell (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2001 11:35PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2002 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: Nell, Neel
Jennifer;
I am searching for the parents of a Jesse Nell b.1755 Dumfries Va. I suspect that the spelling used to be Neale. I found a William Neale in St. James Santee in the mid 1700's and suspect some sort of connection.
I also have a family letter that states the name used to be spelled "Neel".
Would like to exchange info with you.
Bill

Posted: 2 Jan 2002 5:04AM GMT
Edited: 14 Oct 2004 5:00PM GMT
Surnames: Neel, Neil, Neal
Hi Bill,

From all I know of my Neel line, they resided in the South Carolina/NC area. I don't know of any connection to Virginia as of yet. I have hit brick walls (as have others who are searching this family) at every turn. I know that I have seen the name Jesse, but it was most likely in a pension index for rev. war soldiers. If I do happen to come across a Jesse in my files or through research, I will gladly let you know. If you have any other Neels/Neils/Neals etc. etc. let me know and I will see if I have them in my files.

Jennifer

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 4:58PM GMT
Surnames: Neal, Kinsey, Jones
I have a Sarah Ann Neal I am trying to find more about. She was married to Henry Kinsey. They are from around Bamberg, South Carolina. I am at a complete stop with them. Does that name come up in your family tree?

Posted: 24 May 2010 4:10PM GMT
I may have some information. Would like to talk to you.

Contact me at rherndon@crai-ky.com

Thanks

Rich

Posted: 12 Aug 2010 4:39AM GMT
Try the spelling -- NEYLE-- old Lowcountry name in Charleston and Colleton County.

Rheta Scaffe

Posted: 28 Jun 2011 12:51AM GMT
I too am researching my Neal family line in South Carolina. My grandmother was Ada Mae Neal, born in GA, in 1898. Her parents were Annie Reeder, born in GA, ca 1880, and her father was Capers Neal, born in SC, ca 1878. Capers and Annie also had a son named Capers, ne ca 1908/1909, and Gladys, ne ca 1906. I believe the last two children were born in SC also.
Does anybody have any of these names in their family tree? Any help would be so appreciated, thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions