Search for content in message boards

The Elusive Radfords

The Elusive Radfords

Posted: 15 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 11:57PM GMT
Surnames: Radford
I am seeking any and all info on the Radford family. Got some great help from people with the 1881 census, but now need to get more depth. They are an elusive bunch! Specifically looking for birth information on Benjamin France Radford, parents Joseph France Radford and Eliza. He was one of 10 and born about 1878 in Retford. Have a real feeling that the name France is a key to past ancsetors as it threads its way through the Radford line, even down to me.

Radfords- Where are you?

Diane Peace (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Radford
I am seeking any info on Radford Family. V ery elusive family. Specifically searching for any connections of Benjamin Radford, the father of Harriett Radford who married in Nottingham 1900.

Re: Radfords- Where are you?

Posted: 3 Apr 2002 7:57PM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2003 6:22PM GMT
We may have a common interest, in both Radfords, my g grandmother was Mary Radford, daughter of -Radford a well known photographer in Mansfield, Notts, and I come from a long line of Peaces, one of whom (interestingly) was known as Diana Peace, but was christened Mary. She married her cousin Daniel Peace. Any interst to you? If so, email me

Anthony

Sally Radford Maddocks (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2002 8:56PM GMT
My Radfords I think were more blue collar! Chimney sweeps, porters and the like. I will see if I can make any connection but I do not think it is the same group. I will keep your info on file for future reference.
Sally Maddocks

Re: The Elusive Radfords

Posted: 11 Apr 2002 11:16AM GMT
Surnames: RADFORD
I've just picked up on your search for Radfords! I was born and raised in Essex, where the are a number of us around the villages of Arlesford and Wivenhoe near Colchester. I have some difficulty tracing my branch very far back as my paternal grandfather was illegitimate and Radford is his mother's maiden name. Have you come across any Radfords from my part of England - or are we alone!!

Thanks...

Paul Radford

Sally Maddocks (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 2002 1:12PM GMT
Must admit I have not researched your area of the country. Our Radford clan seems to be coming from Lancs, York, and Nottingham. I think they have all been quite a dodgy lot!!! Good luck. I'll keep your info incase I find a link.

Posted: 25 Nov 2004 7:59PM GMT
my great grandfather henry vickers married harriet radford (b.1850? )in 1870 at St.Marys nottingham.her parents were william b.1827 and fanny ? b.? they had 11 children and lived at st.marks street,nottingham.
is this the same radfords ???

Posted: 25 Nov 2004 9:58PM GMT
Will have to do some research on this and will get back with you as soon as I can see if there is a connection. Would be great if there was as they seem few and far between.
SRM

Posted: 28 Jan 2005 4:25AM GMT
Have not made a connection with your Radfords to this point but will keep looking. My Radford line is just a little elusive! I will keep searching and perhaps we can connect as they did live in Nottingham quite a bit.

Posted: 13 Feb 2010 5:46PM GMT
Hello Sally Youve found another Radford...Im David Radford all my Radfords originate from Nottingham, and like you am searching for my Radfords too, Im stuck on the father of John Radford born c1826 married a Sarah Webster in 1854 in Rushall his father was a Thomas Radford he was a frame work knitter taken off Johns Marriage certificate, thats all Ive managed to find so far and Im stuck, if there is anything I can help you with please dont hesitate, if you want to have a look at my tree you are most welcome. regards David
per page

Find a board about a specific topic