Search for content in message boards

BOWLES, Nathan Gaines

BOWLES, Nathan Gaines

Posted: 5 Jul 2001 11:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BOWLES
Researching Nathan Gaines BOWLES b. 1825 married Louisa Wood in 1845. Lived in Gordon County and several children born there. Later moved to Cobb County. In 1870 went to Indian Territory, (OK) to work on the Love ranch near Marietta, I.T. (OK).
Most of his children had gone with him and married in the area around Gainesville, TX.
Most children filed with the DAWES COMMISSION for recognition as being of Choctaw descent.

Re: BOWLES, Nathan Gaines

BABS PHILLIPS (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2002 6:34AM GMT
My gggrandmother's name was Louisa Woods. Sometime in the 1800 she married Samuel Bowles. I found them in 1870 census records. He was listed age 46 and she was 40. They had 10 children and lived in Greenville, Ga. She was listed from Virginia. He from Georgia. They he looked as if he was Indian or mullato from a picture of his son Walter and my grandfather James McArthur Bowles pictures. Could this be the same Louisa Woods?

Babs

Olin Petitjean (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2002 6:41PM GMT
Babs,
Your Louisa Woods sounds interesting, but It does not connect with mine.

Olin

Olin Petitjean (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2002 6:41PM GMT
Babs,
Your Louisa Woods sounds interesting, but It does not connect with mine.

Olin

Posted: 24 Aug 2013 4:28AM GMT
Your Nathan Gaines Bowles is also mine, he was my GG Grandfather. His son Lorenzo S Bowles fathered my grandfather, Pennington Fry Bowles. Do you happen to know if any of them were given a Roll number?

Thanks in advance,
Heather
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions