Search for content in message boards

Reed/Reid

Reed/Reid

Posted: 8 Oct 2011 1:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I am researching the Reid's, Reed's, and the Raines family's from Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana. In particular, i am looking for any information on Cypher Reed. 1869-1896. He married Anna Reid in 1890. They had Alice & Ellis. He died when they were babies and since the 1890 census was destroyed i can't find diddly on who his parents might have been. HELP!!!
G

Re: Reed/Reid

Posted: 8 Oct 2011 3:57AM GMT
The 1880 and 1870 census has a son of John and Rosa Reed born 1868 named Leonard in 1870 and Seaward in 1880 in Independece, Tangipahoa Parish. Any familiar names?
Post Office: Independence
Household Members: Name Age
Jno B Reed 30
Rosa Reed 28
Dora Reed 10
Hannah Reed 5
John Reed 7
Leonard Reed 2
Jane Reed 1

Household Gender Age
Parent John B. Reed M 39
Parent Rosa Reed F 44
Mary Reed F 14
Seward Reed M 12
Rachel Reed F 9
Addie Reed F 7
Alcee Reed M 4
Louisa Reed F 1
Dora Baham F 19

Posted: 8 Oct 2011 4:06AM GMT
Thanx, but all of them are familiar. Cypher Reed is my problem. Can't find his parents for nothing! Big brick wall. Thanks tho!

Posted: 9 Oct 2011 3:02PM GMT
I found this obit. Tell me if it helps.

Obituary published in The Hammond Daily Star: 3/26/2010

RAINES, ALTON WILLARD (BILL)

Alton Willard (Bill) Raines, 82 years old of Aurora, CO, died Sunday, March 21, 2010. He was born on Monday, October 17, 1927, in Uneedus LA. Husband of Bertha Ann Raines, Aurora, CO for 52 years; father of Tammy Jean
(George) Blansett, Robert Vernon (Changsong) Raines, and Brenda Lee Raines; grandfather of Chad Blansett, Nicole Blansett, and Dereck Helms; great grandfather of Alexander Tihonovich and Caleb Cunningham; and brother of Sidney Raines, Elester Raines, Terry Raines, Oscar Raines, Esther Penton, Doretha LaFleur, Albert Raines, and Nola Raines. Preceded in death by his parents Elustres Scales Raines and Alice Reed Raines and brothers Daniel Raines, Norman Raines, Meshell Raines, Cypher Raines, Elmous Raines and
Clarence Raines, step-mother Lavada Anthony Raines. Friends will be received Saturday, March 27, 2010, at the Harry McKneely & Son Funeral Home in Hammond from 9:00a.m. until services. Services will be held in the funeral home chapel, Saturday, March 27, 2010, at 11:00a.m. Interment will follow in the Reed Raines Memorial Gardens. An on-line guest book is available at www.harrymckneely.com.

Posted: 9 Oct 2011 4:27PM GMT
Yes that was Uncle Bill. Since his death both Uncle Oscar & Uncle Terry have died also. It is their Mother's, Alice Reid Raines, Father Cypher Reed that i am looking for information on. Thank you .
G
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions