Search for content in message boards

Thomas Hart of Kentucky, Illinois

Thomas Hart of Kentucky, Illinois

Susan (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2000 10:54PM GMT
Looking for Thomas Hart, born in Kentucky Feb 29 early 1800's. One wife Louise Wise of Kentucky, next wife Lucy Chandler, Illinois marriage took place in Fayette Cty, Illinois 1873? One son from 1st marriage was Supt of Vandelia school district for a time. Thank you

Harts in KY

Harold Bailey (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2000 6:12PM GMT
I don't know if there is a connection, but I am descended from Sarah Jane Hart,b. 10/24/1865,Lebanon, Marion Co., KY, m. Tilman Carman, d. 6/29/1945, Medford, OR.

Hart family

s.zapinski (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2000 10:19AM GMT
Dear Mr. Bailey, How kind of you to respond to my notice. I know very little about my Hart. His name was Thomas Hart born in Kentucky, was Married to Louise Wise and moved to Illinois after the Civil war(I think) She died, and he remarried Lucy Ann Chandler in Fayette Cty, Illinois in 1873? On the 1870 census, he seems to have his sister Margaret Merritt living with him, plus her children. I know that Thomas Hart's father is listed to have been born in Kentucky also. I haven't found a Sarah listed as yet, but I will keep searching and thank you again for your response.

KY Harts

Harold Bailey (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2000 8:28PM GMT
Added info I forgot to add before: Sarah's parents were Madison Hart Julia Stamper

Harts of Ky

s.zapinski (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2000 8:59PM GMT
thank you for that clarification.

Re: Hart family

S.zapinski (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2006 3:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HART, MERRITT, NETHERTON
Update on Thomas Hart family, Thomas's father was Daniel T. Hart, who was born either in Kentucky or Rhode Island, married a woman named Mahulda, or (Hulda) born R I about 1794. Daniel died about 1840 I think. She remarried a A. Netherton, but the marriage did not last as she was Hulda Hart in the 1850's census. They had children, Oliver, William, Thomas, Zachariah, and Margaret. and possibly another daugther. Margaret did marry a man J. Merritt in Indiana. (this was his second marriage)

Posted: 16 Apr 2008 11:56AM GMT
Surnames: Hart
Hello, would like additional information on this line. I have a Daniel Hart born 1782 in Little Compton, Rhode Island who married a Eder think this is the last name. The family did end up in Kentucky.

Posted: 7 Jun 2009 2:18AM GMT
Surnames: King, Hart, Merritt
This Hart family is also mine. Have you found anymore info on them since the date of your post in 2006? I think I've found William and Oliver in the Eastern State Hospital in Lexington. They appeared to have died there but no proof. I found a Margaret Merritt in the Central State Hospital in Jefferson Co. in 1880. All of these are the right ages.

I am the gggrandaughter of Louisa and Thomas Hart. Their daughte Mary Louise m Henry O. King and they are my father's parents. Thomas's second wife was Lucy Stafford not Chandler. Would like to communicate.
Carolyn King
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions