Search for content in message boards

William S. Moore - PA to OH

William S. Moore - PA to OH

Posted: 26 Mar 2001 5:10PM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2001 10:07PM GMT
My gggg grandfather was William S. Moore, b.abt 1790 in PA, m Sarah Sample, died 2/9/1853 in Ohio. Children are John, James, Jane, Eliza, Asenith, William, Sarah, Huldah, Diary, Leitia, Urzilla. Does anyone have any information

William Moore

Retha (moore) Fuller (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2001 3:07PM GMT
My GG grandfather was William Moore and came from Pennyslvania to Ohio where my grandfather William Moore was born. His brothers and sisters were Perry, Emma,Sigal,Dick Earl,John, Hanna, Elmer, Dolly, Estella.

William Moore

Greg Moore (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2001 1:44PM GMT
Rhonda, I was curious about your William. Do you know where in Pennsylvania, and where he came to in Ohio?I have a John Moore born about 1780 most likely in western Pa.He married in Maysville, Mason County, Kentucky,September 24, 1802.His wife and children were Sarah Carter,James b.1803, Nancy b. 1804, Harvey b.1805, Sharry b.1807, Issac b. 1809,John b. 1812. I believe some of these children lived in Brown County and Champain County,Ohio.I think my John came from Washington, Fayette County Pennsylvania to Mason County, Kentucky in 1790`s.His family in Adams, and Clermont County as early as 1795-1800.John died in Ross County, Ohio 1812.I`m stuck trying to find his parents and siblings.Anything sound familiar to you?

William Moore

Posted: 31 Mar 2001 1:57PM GMT
All I have is that William S. Moore, a native of PA, came to Hardin County, Ohio in 1834. I know that both he and his wife, Sarah Sample, are buried at Old Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Round Head, Ohio which is Hardin County. His son, James S., was born in PA in 1820, but was married in Champaign County to Lucinda McGahan on 6/25/1845. All of their children were born in Champaign County, Ohio, also. I was hoping we'd find a match.

William Moore

Posted: 31 Mar 2001 2:00PM GMT
Were these the names of your great grandfather's siblings or your grandfather's siblings? My William S. Moore, b.abt 1790 who came to OH from PA had a son William.

Moore

Greg Moore (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2001 2:18PM GMT
Hi Rhonda,My John was living in Champain County, 1812 when he died. Two of his sons lived in Union County, Harvey and John,my ancestor.John married Martha Gearhart in Union County 1841.They had 10 children which lived in Union, Logan, Hardin Counties.Do you have more info on William`s children in Champain County.My John`s wife Sarah Carter father, Caleb Carter came from Mason County, Kentucky, to Mad River Township, Champain County in 1805.This is where I think my John was living in 1812 when he died in Ross County.Family story is he was killed by Indians while getting supplies in Ross County. His wagon was found but no John or horses.Your family names sound similar to mine.Where in Hardin County did William die?

William S. Moore-PA to OH

Posted: 31 Mar 2001 3:55PM GMT
Edited: 29 Sep 2002 4:37AM GMT
Hi Rhonda, I noticed in your first message that you had a Eliza. My G-Grandmother was Elsie/Elizabeth/Eliza. Would you have any information on your Eliza? All I have is she was born in the 1800's and was married to a Mason and a Leighton. Thanks in advance for any information.

William Moore

Retha Fuller (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2001 1:06PM GMT
The names that I sent were the names of my grandfather's siblings. His name was George Grant Moore. His father was William Moore.
George's birthplace was listed as Ohio on my father's birth certificate. But I was told that they were originally from Pennyslvania.
George and Idelia Dawald were married in Perue Indiana and later came to Oklahoma.
Thank you for replying to my message. Retha

William S. Moore

Posted: 5 Apr 2001 6:15PM GMT
Unfortunately, I have no George Moore in my information, but I have several William Moore's. William S. Moore came to Ohio from Pennsylvania. He was born about 1790 in Pa and died in Hardin County, Ohio, on 2/9/1853. He had a son, William H., born in Ohio abt. 1846. I do not have his children's information so perhaps there is a George. I hope this helps as I know how challenging the Moore line can be.

Eliza Moore

Posted: 5 Apr 2001 6:23PM GMT
At this point in time, this is all the information that I have about her. They were living in Hardin County, Ohio, but had lived in Pennsylvania until 1834. Her brother, William, is my line. If I find anything else, I'll let you know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions