Search for content in message boards

Strosnider

Posted: 17 Nov 2003 2:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Nov 2004 2:03PM GMT
Surnames: Strosnider, Snyder Elledge
Looking for information on the family of Carl and Maybelle Strosnider who lived at one time in Bonner County Idaho.
Will share what I know of Maybelle's family.

Maybell I. Strosnider

Mary (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2003 4:41AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Strosnider
Maybelle I Strosnider, 91, passed away Wednesday, June 29, 1994 in Spokane, Wash. Burial took place at Seneacquoteen Cemetery. At her request no service will be held.

She was born Dec. 15, 1903 in Badrock, Mont. Her father, George Snyder, was one of the first homesteaders in what is now Glacier National Park. She married Carl Strosnider July 5, 1920. They lived in Dover, Idaho until 1929, when they moved to Tillamook, Ore. In 1932, they moved to Spokane where Mr. Strosnider was employed by White Pine Products Company. Later they bought a grocery store on East Sprague which they operated for a few years. During World War II they had pea ranch near Rockford, Wash.

After the war they moved to a ranch near Curlew, Wash. until 1959, when they went to Neah Bay, Wash. Mr. Strosnider was employed at the U. S. Air Force Radar Base there. He retired and they moved to Hamilton, Wash. After his death in 1965, Mrs. Strosnider lived in Omak, Wash. until 1981. She then moved to the Curlew area and lived there until her death.

She is survived by her daughter, Louise McKay of Curlew; one son, Don Strosnider of Cool, Calif., three grandchildren, Nancy McKay, Otis Orchards, Tom M. McKay, Spokane, and Colleen McKay Izutsu of Seattle; five great grandchildren; one cousin, Bonnie Esther Munson, Indiana; and several nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her husband, Carl, and a granddaughter, Christie Cardwell.

July 6, 1994 (Unknown paper)

Also appeared in Bonner County Daily Bee, Thursday, July 7, 1994

Re: Maybell I. Strosnider

Posted: 23 Nov 2003 1:16PM GMT
Edited: 22 Nov 2004 2:03PM GMT
Surnames: Strosnider, Snyder/Snider
Thank you so much for the obit. It is indeed who I was looking for.

Penny Starr (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2006 8:59PM GMT
Surnames: Strosnider, Snyder, Walter
I have been researching Maybell's family-the Walter's and have info, including pictures of Maybell as a child. Please contact me if still interested.

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 2:14AM GMT
Hello, This is years late but Maybelle (with an e) was my grandmother. How are you related to her? Thank you.

Colleen McKay
per page

Find a board about a specific topic