Search for content in message boards

Powers obit

Powers obit

Charlie Powers (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2006 5:32PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Powers
I was hoping that someone could help me with two obits. Ray Powers born 3-16-1913 to 3-30-1999. His wife, Eva Powers, born 1-21-1916 to 2-26-2000. All I have is at the time of their death they were in Beltsville. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Charlie
Posted: 14 Nov 2006 4:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Social Security Death Index says that RaY's SSN was issued in California and Eva's in Minnesota. Do you have a specific location where they lived in either state?

Do you know whether Ray always went by Ray or whether he had a middle initial or was known as Raymond? There was a Raymond W. POWERS of Hennepin Co., MN, in 1930; Ray E. of Marion Co., IA; & Ray of Milwaukee, all born approximately 1913.

Do you have Eva's maiden name or the names of her children?

Re: POWERS

Posted: 14 Nov 2006 4:29PM GMT
Surnames: Powers
All I have, is at the time of there death they where in Beltsville and that he was a minister. I don`t have a maiden name for Eva.

I don`t know of any other name Ray would have gone by. His middle name was Edward. I don`t know his whereabouts after leaving Ca. and his death in Maryland.

I just found out that they have a son Phillip and a daughter Judy. Whereabouts unknown.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Charlie

Ray Edward POWERS

Posted: 14 Nov 2006 8:32PM GMT
Do you know the denomination of the church of which Ray Edward POWERS was a minister? If so, the church should be able to help.

The E. would match Ray E. of Marion Co., Iowa, 1930: POWERS, Charles E., b. ca. 1869; Mary M., 1874; Ruby, 1903; Cecil D., 1909; Ray E., 1914; Helen M., 1916.

Social Security Death Index has several Cecils. The most likely match seems to be Cecil POWERS (24 May 1908 - Oct. 1975), last res. Des Moines, IA.

Re: Ray Edward POWERS

Posted: 15 Nov 2006 3:18PM GMT
I don`t know the denomination of the church that Ray belonged to. He was born in Nebraska and grew up in California. His parents and a brother are buried there.

Charlie

Posted: 1 Sep 2012 1:32AM GMT
They lived in Pacific Grove, then Delmar, then Solana Beach and then Escondido California. Move to Pambrun Saskatchewan, Canada Jan 1995-July 1995 then to College Park, Maryland and Beltsville, Maryland

Posted: 1 Sep 2012 1:33AM GMT
Eva's maiden name was Gustafson.
Children: Philip Edward and Judy Rae

Re: Ray Edward POWERS

Posted: 1 Sep 2012 1:35AM GMT
Ray was not a minister, his son is a minister. Ray was a retired postal service worker and then worked for Sears for several years before his retirement.

Ray Edward POWERS

Posted: 1 Sep 2012 4:22PM GMT
Thanks for posting.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions