Search for content in message boards

Halvor IVERSON, 1843 - 1914

Halvor IVERSON, 1843 - 1914

Posted: 26 Dec 2001 12:04AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 18 Apr 2003 11:58PM GMT
Surnames: BENSON, IVERSON, NELSON, SEVERSON
Mauston Star [Mauston, Juneau Co. WI], Thursday February 4, 1914, Page 1

Halvor IVERSON died at his home in Lindina Monday, Feb. 1, at the age of 71 years, 4 months and 18 days

Deceased was born in Opper, Thelemarken, Norway, September 14, 1843, and came to America in 1865. On June 7, 1870, he was married to Miss Marget BENSON and settled on a farm in Lindina where he has since resided. Mrs. IVERSON died October 11, 1877. To them three daughters were born, one died in infancy and two, Mrs. Henry NELSON of Lindina, and Mrs. Severn SEVERSON, of Wyeville, Monroe Co., and six grandchildren are left to mourn his death.

Funeral services will be conducted at the East Lemonweir church today, Rev. Christian Hjermsted officiating, and his remains will be laid to rest in the East Lemonweir cemetery.

Submitter: Joan M Benner <jmbenner@tznet.com>
Golden Rule Genealogy http://www.rootsweb.com/~wiwood/resource/r-joanb.htm
Specializing in Central Wisconsin Records
Member, Association of Professional Genealogists

Re: Halvor IVERSON, 1843 - 1914

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 3:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Iverson Severson
Hi-I was wondering if you could tell me, did you post this because you were working on a family tree for the Iverson? I ask because i believe this is my Great Great Grandfather. My Grandfather was Garfield Christian Severson from Mauston Wi. I would love to know what information you have. I don't have much but I would love to share. Please contact me at lissie24@msn.com with Iverson/Severson Family in the subject line. Thank you. Melissa Severson Guyett
per page

Find a board about a specific topic