Search for content in message boards

Manoah Dunham; New Brunswick, Canada

Manoah Dunham; New Brunswick, Canada

Gloria Phillips (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2003 1:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dunham, Perry, Beesley, Phillips, Vanwart, Logan
I am looking for any information on the parents of Manoah Dunham born November 19, 1850 in New Brunswick. He was listed living in Brunswick, Queens Co., New Brunswick with his wife Amanda Ryder and their children. They moved to Havelock, Kings Co., New Brunswick and are listed in both 1891 and 1901. Manoah also went by the name Noah. I would appreciate any information that someone may have.
Thanks,
Gloria

Re: Manoah Dunham; New Brunswick, Canada

Posted: 11 Apr 2007 2:56AM GMT
Hi I was wondering if you have had any luck finding info re Manoah Dunham. I am unable to find Manoah parents either. I just came across this and I do notice you posted this a few years ago. Manoah was my ex-husbands grandfather. I found a lot on Amanda Ryder. Thanks Hazel D.

Posted: 11 Apr 2007 8:50PM GMT
Hi Hazel, Manoah Dunham was the son of Mary "Molly" Dunham, the daughter of Daniel Carey Dunham and Elizabeth Wright. Manoah was born 19 Nov 1851 and died 24 Nov 1922 in Havelock. His death certificate lists no father but does identify Mary as his mother. It is my understanding that he had a full sister, Patience Dunham, married to Asa Fillmore Ryder and a half-brother, Joseph C. Dunham, married to Alice "Elsie" Perry. There is a substantial community "memory" concerning the fathers of these three children. I am not aware of what became of Mary "Molly" Dunham but Molly is living in the family of Jonathan and Mary (Perry) Hicks in the 1851 Salisbury Parish, Westmorland Co Census. This census was conducted in March of that year. She is working as a domestic at 18 years of age. Also working as a laborer in the same family is Gardiner Perry, s/o Wesley and Mary (Humphreys) Perry, age 25. Gardiner is a nephew of Mary (Perry) Hicks but is not identified as such.

Posted: 12 Apr 2007 9:38PM GMT
Thanks for the info Richard. I have Manoah's brithdate as 19 Nov 1850, not 1851. Your date is probably correct. Manoah was married to Amanda Ryder. It looks like a brother and sister were married to a brother and sister. I sort of do geneology in fits and starts. However this was a great help as I have had difficulty locating Manoah's parents. Cheers Hazel Dunham

Posted: 8 Aug 2010 2:20AM GMT
Hello , This is so neat I just found out my grategrandfathers name yesterday and google it and here u are talking about him . my dad was John Dunham , his dad Samual . love to here of any family history .

Rose [Dunham]
Linfield

Posted: 8 Aug 2010 8:12PM GMT
My husband might be related to you. His great grandfather, Thomas T. Dunham, who was born in New Brunswick, Canada in 1817, had Loyalist ancestors who fled there either during or immediately following the American Revolution when Loyalist property was being seized by American Patriots. --Linda Dunham

Posted: 12 Aug 2010 10:46PM GMT
Hi Nice to hear from you. Sorry I haven't done anything else on the family. I got hung up on Manoah Dunham's parents and never continued.. Samuel Weyman Dunham, born 1 Aug 1883 was one of Manoah and Amanda Ryder's children.. Manoah and Amanda had 12 children. Manoah was called Noah. The New Brunswick Provincial archives show Samuel Dunham's birth year as 1884. Gen Circles showed it as 1883. Tamzen (Perry) Ryder 1825 - 1907 and Simeon Ryder 1819 - 1882 were Amanda Ryder's parents. Sheliah Shanahan e-mail sheliah@maine.IT.com. Her family has done all the Ryder side. Hope this helps a bit. Cheers Hazel Dunham

Posted: 12 Aug 2010 10:54PM GMT
I am sure there is a relationship there. I am only a Dunham through marriage. However started looking at them for my kids. Thought they might be interested. I worked on it for awhile however got hung on Manoah Dunham's parents and kind of lost interest and didn't get back to it. It would appear most of the Dunhams that came to New Brunswick were United Empire Loyalists. Someone wrote and told me Manoah's parents were Mary "Molly" Dunham the daughter of Daniel Carey Dunham and Elizabeth Wright. Someone else wrote that this line goes back to Deacon John Dunham. I haven't checked so can't be positive. Good luck with your search. It is so fascinating, but does take some time. Hazel Dunham

Posted: 1 Mar 2011 5:42AM GMT
Hey Rose found this site and saw your reply.I looked for info on our grandfather Samuel Dunham but found nothing the Legion in Havelock burnt and they lost his records,I tried Ottawa,but they couldn't find him either but here I found alot think i'll keep digging.sadcb2@hotmail.com.

Posted: 1 Mar 2011 2:08PM GMT
Our Dunhams also are from Ontario CANADA.They came out of the Albany New York area or around Saratoga New York .We believe they were Quakers.We do have a information that came from the Blue Church brockville ontario which was their entry point into Ontario.We also believe that there were many DUNHAMS tht crossed in this exact spot bnefore our dunhams came across. wayner
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions