Search for content in message boards

Mc INTOSH, CANADA, USA

Mc INTOSH, CANADA, USA

Posted: 22 Feb 2001 7:05AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2003 4:34PM GMT
I am looking for info re the following WRIGHT / McINTOSH family in Canada & the USA

Edward WRIGHT b1856 in Manvers, Ont, Canada
residence Minden, Ontario
Parents- William and Catherine WRIGHT

Spouse: Anne McINTOSH b1859 in Toronto, Ont, Canada
Parents - Alexander and Anne McINTOSH

Married in 1877 in Victoria Co, Ont. Witnesses - William James WILSON
Eliza Ann WRIGHT

They later moved to USA and appear on the N. Dakota 1885 Census, lived in Cavalier N.D. Then in 1900 Census of same area with their children, all born in N.Dakota
Augustus(Gus) b1880,
Marguarite(Maggie) M. b1885,
Winnifred(Winnie) L. b1888,
Catharine(Rebecca) b1889,
William A. b1891,
Elsie L. b1892,
Flora L. b1895
James(Jim) D. b1898.

The only other info I have (may not be too accurate) is:

Augustus(Gus) was married twice, 1st sp ??, 2nd wife was Winnie May ?? Children from both marriages were: Chris, Beatrice, Curtis, Herbert and ???. He lived in Oswego, Montana.

Marguarite(Maggie?) married twice, 1st sp was ?? STONEHOUSE, 2nd sp Bert LEWIS Children from both marriages were: Clifford, Marguarite and ??? He lived in Rio Hondo, Texas.

Winnifred and sp William HUNT lived in Roundup, Montana. They had about 4 children ???
**An sk sent me this info...Winnifred HUNT d Mar. 1979 Lewiston, Fergus, MT lays next door to Musselshell Co.

Flora sp?? lived in Aberdene, S.D. and had a couple of children??

Elsie sp Jim OSBORNE lived in Vancouver, B.C. Their children were Louis, Jimmy and Naomi?? It was said Jim was a mural painter.

James(Jim) unmarried ??

William lived in Turtle Mountain, N.D.? Canada?

(Catharine)Rebecca was married twice., 1st sp Lonson PATTERSON, children were Evelyn b1910 in ND and Elsie b1915 in Daysland, Alta, Canada.
2nd sp was Roscoe KENT... this marriage had no children. They lived in Walhalla, N.D. where Rebecca died in 1928.

Any info re these McINTOSH or WRIGHT people would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Carol

re :Alexander McIntosh

Posted: 4 Mar 2001 1:41AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 5:09PM GMT
Dear Carol,
The Alexander McIntosh farther of Anne McIntosh
they came from Shelburne ,Nova Scotia they
arived there in 1783 with 15,000 United
Empire Loyalists. They where in The 76th
Highland Regement , with 3 brothers there
names where John, Alexander and my Finlay
McIntosh who is my 7 x ggggggg grand dad
I found their Crown Land grants from 1784
in Shelburne ,N.S. Discharge papers from N.Y.
That they Fought in The Battle of Yorktown ,
Va. 1781 I have found that John and
Alexander moved to Upper Canada about 1811 &
Finlay and Christinia McIntosh (his Wife)
stayed in Port Joli ,Nova Scotia which they
all had pioneered this town after leaving
Shelburne,N.S. the town lot of Finlay was
lot 9 x and 100 achers in Jorden River in
Shelburne,N.S. the Port Joli was a 450 acher
Farm on the Ocean Scotch Point they where
part of two 250 acher grants that our Clan
recieved 1810 as in Perkin 's Diary he was
The Custom officer in Livrepool ,N.S.
he had wrote lots on every day life and
deaths in the area there and Finlay was twice
Mentioned in this Diary, once ariving from
Halifax and once some one had a land dispute
on the other side of Port joli the lot line
junction was corected by Perkins 1810 ,
Alexander and John Moved with John's
invention The McIntosh Apple Trees that
they brang with them to Ontario where they
became popular. Now I have heard that some
of the Clan Moved to New York State and
some to North Dacota others to Alberta that
thay has the Largest Cattle ranch in the west
a Dunkin McIntosh hit the Mother load in the
49er Gold rush in California some in Utah,
others ib British Columbia, oh the Town which
the Loyalists came from in Scotland was
Glenelg in Inverness-Shire Scotland they had
enlisted or Drafted at Inverness ,Scotland
Thats all for now you can reach me at :
scottmcintoshue@auracom.com

Re: Alexander McIntosh

Posted: 5 Mar 2001 7:52AM GMT
Hi Scott, Thanks for answering my querie. I have no idea if the Alexander McIntosh you mentioned is the same one I'm searching for, I have so little info to go on. All that I have is in my posting. With the naming patterns of that day it's very difficult to know who's who, it seems there are so many families related & unrelated that have used the same names. Until I can verify my info I'm unable to say if there's a connection. Do you have any more info re Alexander's family? His wife? Their children? etc.? I'll keep looking and let you know if I come up with anything that I think fits in with yours for sure. Thanks again. Carol

Re:Alexander McIntosh

Posted: 5 Mar 2001 4:48PM GMT
Dear Carol,
I think that the Alexander that you have there is the Son of Alexander McIntosh or posibly John 's Son they where both Brothers
of my Finlay McIntosh that stayed in Port Joli , Queens Conty , Nova Scotia . they had all landed in Shelburne , Nova Scotia in 1783
now I do know someone that will know and is the Clan McIntosh expert geanologiest on this subject because she is also related to Alexander and has a much better knoledge on this line that you are looking for send me your e mail address and I will send it to you
send to scottmcintoshue@auracom.com Please.

ALEXANDER MCINTOSH

Posted: 27 Mar 2001 2:44PM GMT
Edited: 2 Mar 2002 7:13PM GMT
CAROL,
I HAVE A LT. ALEXANDER MCINTOSH IN MY PAST. ALEXANDER & JENNETT MCINTOSH ARRIVED FROM INVERNESS, SCOTLAND AT NEW YORK, IN 1776. THEY SETTLED IN THE MOHAWK VALLEY REGION. IN 1777, THEIR SON JOHN MCINTOSH "THE MACINTOSH RED APPLE MAN", WAS BORN. JOHN MOVED UP TO THE DUNDELA REGION OF ONTARIO, CANADA IN 1796. JOHN MET AND MARRIED THE FORMER HANNAH DORIN. IF THIS SOUNDS FAMILIAR, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT clrusnak@excite.com, AND I WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH THE REST OF THE STORY, CHET

Alexander McIntosh

Posted: 29 Mar 2001 4:10AM GMT
Dear Carol,
The Alexander McIntosh that you have is the Brother of My Finlay McIntosh and their other Brother John McIntosh they all searved in the 76th Highland Regement of Lord MacDonald they where all born in Glenelg , Scotland and they enlisted at Inverness ,Scotland . After the Americian Revoloutionary war they evacuated New York
in the Fall of 1783 with 15,000 other United Empire Loyalists in the Port Roseway Associates to Shelburne , Nova Scotia ,
Finlay McIntosh Stayed in Nova Scotia and John and Alexander moved to Upper Canada ( Ontario) where your history of them are known to you The hardship that our family went through in the wilds of a very cold snowy Nova Scotia winters they lived in huts at first and boats the King had sent food for 5 years and this small town of 200 grew overnight to 15 ,000 but as the Crown Pork stopped many moved to Upper Canada to receive a better situation and other Crown Land Grants , They all where Pow 's in Virginia for two years when Lord Cornwallis surendered at The Battle of Yorkstown 1781
So many people had moved so much after the end of the war that it is very hart to trace
them but I found them in The Queens County Museium and in The Shelburne County Geanological Society in the County land Rechords and coppies of their Discharge Papers in Nova Scotia .
Under Royal proclimation all loyalists for their suffering and loyalty to the Crown and their decendants are allowed to add U.E. to the end of their name . United Empire Loyalists . It Snowed every month of the year 1783 when they landed in Nova Scotia because of a very large Volcano eruption in the Pacific Island which disrupted the weather patterns for years after .
There is a land transfer from Alexander to Finlay in 1810 when they moved to the Ontario /New York border area John had brought his apple trees with him from Nova Scotia when he and Alexander and their familys had moved .
scottmcintoshue@auracom.com
Scott McIntosh U.E.

McIntosh in Canada

Posted: 5 Apr 2001 12:10AM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2005 8:22AM GMT
If you need help with the Osborne? maybe I can help, post a message and let me know. Also my family McIntosh lived in Coffe Creek Montana, I dont suppose there is a connection.
Posted: 6 Apr 2001 6:04AM GMT
Thank you for offering to help with Osborne but I really don't have much info, except, he was married to one of my grandmother's sisters, Elsie Wright b1892 in ND, USA and they lived in Vancouver BC, Canada. According to my info their children were Louis, Jimmy & ??Naomi?? + ???
That's about it.....I don't even know how accurate this info is, it was given to me by my 85 yr. old mother before she died.
Thanks Again! Carol

Re: Osborne

Posted: 6 Apr 2001 8:41AM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2005 8:22AM GMT
Hi Carol. I am not related to any Osborne that I know of but since I live near the area it is not inconvenient for me to check it out for you. Mind you this might take a while but I will see what I can do.Marilyn..No problem

Re: re :Alexander McIntosh

Beth Glendenning/Williams (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2001 7:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McIntosh
I am researching my grandfather George Stewart McIntosh, The history you cited rings a bell with me as to stories I have heard about my family in the past. George Stewart McIntosh was born in Toronto Canada, his mothers' maiden name was Turnbull. He had three brothers, one was a prof. at the university of Toronto, the other started the first bus line also in Toronto. My grandfather, George and his wife Aileen shortely after they were married moved to Detroit MI. I think there was a falling out between the family and my grandmother. Stories were told when I was very young, when my grandfather was still alive. remember land granted from the crown,a big farm/ranch, was told we had something to do with or related to the Stewarts and Sir Walter Scott. Could there be a connection?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic