Search for content in message boards

Info on John Wesley Prater of Kentucky PLEASE

Info on John Wesley Prater of Kentucky PLEASE

Posted: 1 Apr 2006 5:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been trying to find out who John Wesley "Wes" Prater's parents and siblings are. Actually, anything about this man. All I know is that he married Sarah Martin Fugate sometime around 1900 in Floyd or Knott County Kentucky and together they had seven or eight children. He was born May 1865 and died in Kentucky in 1924. Any information anyone could share would be greatly appreciated! I have been looking for him for years!

Re: Info on John Wesley Prater of Kentucky PLEASE

Laverne Ingram Piatt (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2006 4:26PM GMT
Probably you have already checked the1870 census for Floyd Co KY. There are ten Prater families and only one with a son Wesley. The age is not correct for him to have been born in May 1865 but the family is that of Elias Prater, 43; Zilpha?, 39; Mary, 18; Wesley, 14; Elijah, 11; Wiley, 9; Lydia, 6; Thomas, 4; and Daniel, 2. They were in Precinct 8 of Floyd Co, Prestonsburg PO. Sorry this isn't more help.

Ginger (View posts)
Posted: 1 Apr 2006 5:56PM GMT
thanks for all your help! I think he may be found! I have been contacted with information that he is listed on the Breathitt County Kentucky census with his family!!
YEA!!

Robie Prater (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2006 5:18AM GMT
This Wesley is not him.He is my Great Grandfather.He was married twice 1st Cynthia Marshall and 2nd Polly Whitaker. I show a John Wess married to a Hattie Allen.-Robie

Robie Prater (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2006 6:14AM GMT
Sorry I meant to say his 1st wife was Sarah Parthena "Carthena"Stone then Polly Whitaker-Robie

Virginia (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2006 2:25PM GMT
Thanks. The JW Prater I was sent the info on really does seem very promising. He was actually a Wadkins on the census and his mother was Peggy. Sometime after 1880 the children all took on the last name of Prater, Prather, and Prator. I am of course looking further but this does indeed seem to be right. I really do appreciate everyone's help. I have been looking for this one person for a long time.

Posted: 8 Feb 2012 1:56AM GMT
This JW Prater you are inquiring about is believed to be my great grandfather,,,My grandfather said that his dad was actually a Wadkins. I am the granddaughter of his son William Nelson Prater, the daughter of James and Ottie Ritchie Prater..

Posted: 8 Feb 2012 2:40PM GMT
Yes, this is the person I have been searching for. I have been looking for family photos and any information anyone can share with me. I have your grandfather listed as Nelson Prater, the son of Wes and Margaret Beverly Prater. He was married to Nancy Patrick. I am the granddaughter of Wes' daughter, Alice, by his second wife Sarah Martin. Do you have any information about Wes, his wives, and his children that you can share with me? I would really appreciate the help!
Thanks,
ginger

Posted: 9 Feb 2012 4:49AM GMT
Ginger,
Which of Alice and Tommy's children is your parents? This line is in my family line also. Thanks and God Bless. I think may have a picture of John and Sarah Martin Prater will have to checkand see.

Posted: 9 Feb 2012 2:47PM GMT
Winnie is my mother. If it's the picture of Sarah and Wes holding their son Allen, that is my picture. But, if you have any other pictures of them together or alone I would certainly love to have a copy. You have my email address. You can check out my family pictures on Facebook. Look at the album titled My Slone Grandparents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions