Search for content in message boards

Stradbally Foleys!!!

Stradbally Foleys!!!

Lannon (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2000 7:17PM GMT
Looking for any info on Foleys from stradbally, who came to Newfoundland Canada,
Have from what we have gathered a Thomas Foley, Married to a Bridget, who came over. They then had
4 children, 3 boys, edward, thomas, john, and a daughter, bridget.
looking for anyone or any information that anyone might have to offer

thank you

Stradbally Foley's

Tom Foley (View posts)
Posted: 16 Oct 2000 11:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Sep 2005 1:17PM GMT
Surnames: Foley
I also have people from Stradbally and from Portlaw which is not too far away. My Stradbally Foleys are Thomas who died there and his children Mary, Margaret, Bridget, Catherine, John, Thomas, and Ellen all of whom were born in Stradbally between 1846 and 1864 and died in Worcester, MA (those who lived beyond infancy).

When did your Foleys come over? They undoubtedly knew each other.

Thomas Foley

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 12:06PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2005 1:16PM GMT
Surnames: Storm, Foley, Shannon, O'Neil
I only recently found out that my gr grandfather,Thomas Foley, was from Co. Waterford. Although the 1896 "Biographical Cyclopedia" says Co. Wallingford, I am assuming the county is Waterford as there are a number of "sound similar" mistakes in the entry. Thomas, bor in 1815, went to Newfoundland for a short time, then Cranston Rhode Island and then ended up in Cameron Bottom, Indian County PA. He married Anastasia Shannon first. After she died he apparently married Amelia Storm. Amelia died a short time later and he then married Ellen O'Neil. He died January 11, 1877. His children were Thomas, Ellen, Michael, John, Margaret (my Grandmother) Mary and Catherine. Any connections?

Ellen FOLEY MADDICKS

Candi Zizek (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2001 6:37PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2005 1:18PM GMT
Surnames: FOLEY, MADDICKS
I won't be adding anything except that i am hot on the trail of my Ellen FOLEY in St John's or Little Bay, Newfoundland!, born about 1850s. She married first patrick MADDICKS, then a John Roberts, and I have found 3-4 of her children. Still waiting for some data from the NF & L genealogical Society. One daughter married Patrick Lane; Their daughter, Helen (Nellie b 1905) married william Shea, and I am in contact with their son Robert Shea, in MA.

I am interested in sharing FOLEY data in hopes I can share in your joy back to Ireland!
Posted: 2 Jul 2005 5:35PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2005 1:19PM GMT
Surnames: Foley, Lane
I have Foleys in the area at that time. I have Edward Foley (1784 - 1867) from Waterford (town unknown as yet), who married Margaret Lane of Newfoundland (1794 - 1862), I also have eight children for them. This family lived in Tignish, PEI.

Re: Stradbally Foleys!!!

Posted: 13 Jan 2012 2:00AM GMT
They are my great great grandparents. What information are you looking for? Sheila Zakre

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 5:26PM GMT
I have a bit of information and a lot of questions about the Stradbally Foley Family from Newfoundland -- more specifically about Clarence and Patrick who moved to Detroit, MI. I am seeking information about the Foleys who lived in Brigus area of Newfoundland. Let me know if you see a connection here. Thanks. Elaine Mullaly
elainemullaly@aol.com

Posted: 31 Dec 2012 12:46AM GMT
I'm trying to find information on my great-great grandmother, Mary A. Foley (b. abt 1861), from the Brigus area, who married Albert J. Hussey. They lived on Greendale Farm, which was still Foley property as of the 1940s. I believe it's in the Foley's Hill area. I'm trying to figure out who her parents were.
Has anyone come across this name? Thanks!
Kim Gould Ashizawa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic