Search for content in message boards

Goddard family in Georgia/South Carolina

Goddard family in Georgia/South Carolina

Posted: 3 Jan 2006 4:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jan 2006 9:37PM GMT
Surnames: Goddard
Still searching for anyone who may be able to give me information on Robert Marshall Goddard, b. 1844 in GA and died 1911. At least 2 Goddard families came from SC to Dekalb Co., GA--William and Frances Goddard and Clement and Nancy Goddard. Although Robert and his wife lived near them, Robert is not listed as the child of either. So where did he come from??? Would be happy to share what I have if it brings me any closer to more information. Thanks!

Re: Goddard family in Georgia/South Carolina

Posted: 2 Feb 2006 4:40AM GMT
Edited: 27 Nov 2006 4:35PM GMT
There was more then those families of the name Goddard. Elias, John and William in 1820.Also a Thomas I think. I'm going by memory here. None of these Goddards were from Ga. They were from the Carolina's. By the 1840's there were alot of Goddards to choose from. Don't go by the census as to where they were born. Some times it is wrong.
I'll check the families I know and see if this name pops up.

Hope (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2006 7:25AM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2006 12:52PM GMT
Surnames: Goddard, Tidwell
I;m related to the Goddards in Georgia.My GGGreat grandfather was raised by his Aunt Winnifred who was married to a John Goddard and my grandfather took his name. Winnifred last name is Tidwell.Check Bartow County Gen and also Forsythe County and Gwinnett County Georgia . Hope this helps in some way.

LindaWildman (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2006 11:18AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2006 1:34AM GMT
That is my line! What do you have on them? My husband is from their son Peter. I have pictures of him. Also one with him and a relative or brother. Answer please.

Posted: 28 Jul 2006 12:52AM GMT
A reply to your gatewayed message was sent directly to the GODDARD mailing list and can be viewed in the archives at:

http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/GODDARD/2006-07/1154030...

Hope (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2006 3:32AM GMT
Hi Linda, I have some information starting with my Grandmother through to Sonicooie. Exactly what did you need to know. If I have it I will be only to happy to share . So let me know.

Posted: 29 Jul 2006 11:41AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jul 2006 4:13PM GMT
Surnames: GODDARD, DOWNES
What do you have? Anything on John or Winnie from family records? I have John's pension records which Winnie received. I can't find her in the 1860c with her son Peter (my husband's ggggrandfather). I have pieced together the family with the pension records and siler rolls and Dawes Rolls. Also made contact with descendants. Still have not been able to find John's first wife or his family.
Some of his daughters married half cherokee's and are in Oklahoma. John was considered a mixed blood by his children and grandchildren. Unknown if this is fact since I can't find his parents. His son William is in the Siler Rolls and he mentions a Downes woman.
My e-mail should show on here.

w

Barb Chase Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2006 10:50PM GMT
Edited: 3 Aug 2006 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cox
Hi,
Have been trying to contact you for ages.......! I have Cox info that you well may need and I'd like to check into yours. You said that my post showed your line.
Contact me at: ace3399@msn.com as I have tried the no@adress.com, ETCCCCCCCC!
Barb

Posted: 7 Aug 2006 6:45PM GMT
Edited: 7 Aug 2006 9:18PM GMT
Surnames: GODDARD, COX
Barb my cox line is from Georgia. Mahaley Goddard married a Cox and moved with the cherokees to Oklahoma. Found in the 1860c in Indian Territory. Nothing more on her. There is a marriage in the Georgia records in the 1830's of a David Cox , Goddard marriage and I was hoping some one could help me there.

Barb Chase Thompson (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2006 9:14PM GMT
Linda,
Good luck in your search!
Barb
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions