Search for content in message boards

Dickerson / Yarbrough / Bishee

Dickerson / Yarbrough / Bishee

Posted: 10 Jan 2010 5:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dickerson / Yarbrough / Bishee
I have come across an old photo album to Mr. and Mrs. Ed Dickerson from Mr. and Mrs. C.E. Bishee.
Most of the pictures contained a house in Twin Falls Idaho with the address reading 461. (no street name)
This family is predominately African American, but also mixed with Caucasian.
There is a magazine clipping with a picture of Bette Yarbrough stating how she was the youngest graduate from Twin Falls High School and she would be attending Washington State University in Seattle. Her father's name is Herman Yarbrough.
Please let me know if you have any information on these families, I would love to reunite them with a piece of their history.
Thank you,
Celia

Re: Dickerson / Yarbrough / Bishee

Posted: 11 Apr 2010 6:21PM GMT
Classification: Census
Surnames: Dickerson, Yarbrough, Brizee
Dear Celia,
In the 1930 census there is an E.W. Dickerson family living next door to Leland W. and Elizabeth Brizee. The house address showing for the Dickerson family was 461 Fifth Avenue East, Twin Falls, Idaho.

E.W. Dickerson~Head~owns home~value-$2500~Male~Negro~age 49~married~ age 30 at first marriage~TN~TN~TN~Janitor

Leona Dickerson~Wife~Female~Negro~ age 40~married~age 19 at first marriage~MS~NE~TN

Leland Brizee~Head~rents~Male~White~age 28~married~age 19 at first marriage~CA~ND~ND~Tin Smith

Elizabth Brizee~Wife~Female~white~age 33~married~age 23 at first marriage~MO~MO~MO

Children:
Marilyn age 8 born in Idaho
Richard age 5 born in Idaho

Herman Yarbrough owned a business called Idaho Shoe Shining Parlor next to the Idaho Theatre in May of 1921. In the 1930 census it is noted that he is 36 years old white male born in Missouri. He is the Manager of a Shoe Shine Parlor. His wife Pauline is a 29 year old Negro born in Colorado. They have two children Herman Jr. age 10, Negro, born Idaho. Pauline E. is 10, Negro also born in Idaho. I have looked for a Bette Yarbrough, but so far I cannot account for her.

If you can’t find the family, maybe your local historical society would like to have the picture album.
Eellitta

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 3:57AM GMT
this is amazing. I have a picture of Herman (my great grandfather) in front of the shoe parlor! Bette Yarbrough is my grandmother

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 4:12AM GMT
Bette is my grandmother!! I would love to see the picture you are talking about.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions