Search for content in message boards

Spencer

Posted: 20 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jan 2005 3:36AM GMT
Surnames: Spencer
I am looking for Spencers in Penobscot county.
Albert Spencer born 1825, married Sarah Thompson..
Son Ralph, born 1876, married Nellie Inman...There were other children. I can't bet back further than Alabet. Can anyone help me with this line?
Thanks.

Spencer/Thompson

Posted: 10 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2002 9:36PM GMT
the marriage between Albert Spencer and Sarah V. Thompson both of Veazie married 7-27-1854 by George W. Snow. it in on page 183 of the Penobscot marriages prior to 1892. hope this will help and if I can help with more let me know.

Re: Spencer

Posted: 28 Mar 2002 2:36AM GMT
Edited: 12 Mar 2003 7:41PM GMT
Albert Spencer m. Sarah Warren Thompson 7/27/1854 in Bangor, Maine. Children: Ada I., Lucy Alverda, James Madison, Guy Albert, Ralph A. His parents were: Isaac Spencer and Lucy Hathorn. There is book titled "The Penobscot Spencers" by Thelma D'Auteuil that takes this Spencer line back to Thomas Spencer from England in 1596. Not sure where you live; but two libraries in Maine has a copy in their reference sections ... the Maine State Library in Augusta and the Bangor, Maine library. I purchased a copy from the author who lives right in Augusta, Maine right now. She has very few books left and at the age of 86, isn't actively working on genealogy at the moment. Nice lady though.

Posted: 28 Mar 2002 5:45AM GMT
Dena

Thanks a million. I just wasn't positive that My Albert was the same one that the Spencer book ended with.

I read the book at the Bangor public library a few years ago. It is an excellent book.

Does this line tie in to yours?

Regards,
Sandi

Dena (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2002 12:11PM GMT
Well, I'm connected to the Spencer book via Mathew J. Spencer and Rachel M. Spencer .... dau. Sophronia Violet married a Howard Jordan, son Byron R. Jordan married a Bertha Ireland and their dau. Beverly Mae Jordan married my dad, Darrel W. King.

Posted: 10 Jan 2004 5:10PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2004 4:42AM GMT
Surnames: Hathorn
Do you know the parents of Lucy Hathorn?

Posted: 10 Jan 2004 7:49PM GMT
There are two Lucy Hathorn's listed in the book I have (The Penobscot Spencers). Here is the information I can give you:

Lucy Hathorn was born September 16, 1785 in North Bangor, Maine and died July 31, 1848. She married Isaac Spencer Abt. 1802. She was the daughter of Ashbel Hathorn and Lucy Pitcher. Children: Lydia, Ashbel, George, Nancy, Daniel, Reuben, Lucinda, Isaac Hathorn, Albert Jessie and Edwin G. (There is more information but I didn't want to type it all out if it wasn't the right Lucy).

Lucy Ada Hathorn was born 1841 and died 1879. She married Reuben Almon Spencer June 28, 1861. Children: Wilmer F., Edith May, Lelia, Martha and Frank.

Posted: 12 Apr 2004 5:50PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2005 10:12PM GMT
Dena - Is this a direct quote from the book you referred to? My great grandfather was Frank H. Spencer - He went to live with Reuben and Jane Spencer when he was 3 years old when his parents died. He was listed on the census as a boarder. I have been in contact with George Bornemann for over 2 years in attempting to untangle our branch of the Spencer family! We were surmising that Lucy and the other Reuben were his parents but assumed we were only speculating. How are you connected with this family? I have pictures and articles if you have need of any other info of our branch of the family.
By the way, my Frank H. Spencer married Etta Burton who died young and then remarried an Ethel. Just to tangle the web some more - Etta's mother was a Hathorn before marrying William Burton.

Posted: 13 Apr 2004 2:39AM GMT
I can give you the kids and spouses of Frank H Spencer married to Etta Burton 11/17/1897, but not backwards. I spent a week in Veazie Maine and copied many of the births and deaths to tie in to my Line. Let me know if this helps.

George Bornemann (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 2004 3:35AM GMT
Surnames: Spencer
Sandi -

Jill and I have been looking for a long time to find the origin of Frank H Spencer. He first appeared in the 1880 Veazie census living with Jane and Reuben Spencer and listed as a 3 year old "boarder". Jill's family history has Frank as being orphaned at an early age, having some sisters, and was born in Orono.

Through a lot of searching, we've been guessing that he may have belonged to R. Almond Spencer, who died about 1881, and who would be a nephew or cousin to Reuben. The timeline sure seems to fit.

The posting by Dena was the first we've seen that Almond had a son named Frank.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic