Search for content in message boards

John Joseph Braun - Waterloo, Monroe Co., IL

John Joseph Braun - Waterloo, Monroe Co., IL

Posted: 17 Sep 2004 10:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Braun, Geier, Beyer, Jung
Researching this Braun family:

John Joseph Braun, born 1811 Germany, died 1892, Waterloo, Monroe Co., IL. Married Catharina Geier/Geyer, born 1814 Hainstadt, Mosbach, Baden, Germany. They emigrated in 1854. Known child: Carolina, born 1846, Hainstadt Germany, married George Henry Jung in 1862 in Waterloo, Monroe Co., IL.

Re: John Joseph Braun - Waterloo, Monroe Co., IL

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 8:38PM GMT
My great grandfather, Franz Josef Speth came to the United States in 1854 with his uncle, John Joseph Braun.

John was the brother of Franz Joseph Speth's, mother, Katharina nee Braun, spouse of Franz Theodor Speth.

I have more ancestors of Braun, Speth etc.

Sandra Hughes

Margaretha Heck was also on the same ship as Franz Josef Speth and his uncle John Joseph Braun. She was his intended bride.

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 10:04PM GMT
Surnames: Braun, Speth
Hi Sandra,
Thank you for your response to my query. Was your Katharina Braun Baptized 21 Dec. 1803, Hainstad, Germany, daughter of George Adam Braun? Please e-mail me at cathy@kuhlweb.com. Thank you!

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 4:04PM GMT
I know that she was born in Hainstadt as were her parents.

My husband and I were there in 1981.

I also know Jean Jung. We have been exchanging info for two years now.

Every good wish,

Sandy

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 6:50PM GMT
Surnames: Braun
How fun that must have been to visit Hainstadt! If you are interested in any more of my research, let me know. It is nice that FamilySearch has much of Hainstadt parish records indexed but I would still like to sometime work more in the actual microfilmed for the earlier records.
Best wishes,
Cathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic