Search for content in message boards

Peacocks of Essex, England

Peacocks of Essex, England

Posted: 21 Jul 2003 9:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Aug 2003 4:46AM GMT
Surnames: Peaock, Bright, Pettit, Bailey, Smith, Randall, Judd
Can anyone find any connections with the following Peacock family?
=====

Mr Peter Peacock was born in Jan 1760 in England. He died about 1805.

Peter married Miss Ann Pettit daughter of Mr Francis Pettit and Miss Sarah Bright on 12 Oct 1786. Ann was born about 1760 in England. She died in Jul 1801.

They had the following children:
i. Miss Ann Peacock was born on 13 May 1787 in Essex, England

ii. Mr Peter Peacock was born on 9 Dec 1792. He was christened on 30 Dec 1792 in Moreton, Essex, England.

iii. Mr William Peacock was christened on 13 Jul 1794 in Willingale Doe, Essex, England.

iv. Miss Elizabeth Peacock was christened in Aug 1795 in Willingale Doe, Essex, England.

v. Mr Charles Peacock was christened on 8 Jan 1797 in Willingale Doe, Essex, England.

vi. Miss Maria Peacock was christened on 9 Sep 1798 in Willingale Doe, Essex, England.

vii. Mr George Peacock was christened on 13 Jul 1800 in Willingale Doe, Essex, England.
===

Ann Peacock married Mr Adam Brown son of Mr Samuel Brown and Miss Ann on 4 Dec 1810 in Chippingongar, Essex, England.. Adam was born on 26 Feb 1786 in Essex, England.
They had the following Children:

Miss Mary Ann Brown was born on 11 Aug 1816 in Southweald, Essex, England. She was christened on 11 Aug 1816 in Essex, England. She died on 5 Jul 1886 in Australia.

Mary married (1) Mr George Bailey son of Mr Francis Bailey and Miss Susannah Smith on 9 Mar 1835 in Rettendon, Essex, England. George was born about 1812. He was christened on 19 Jan 1812. He died in Jul 1845 in Rettendon, Essex, England.

Mary married (2) Mr Edward Randall son of Mr Edward Randall and Miss Elizabeth Judd on 18 May 1846 in Chelmsford, Essex, England.. Edward was born on 8 May 1801 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.. He was christened on 21 Jun 1801 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England. He died on 28 Apr 1890 in Australia.

Can anyone find any connections here?
Thanks,
A.O'Brien,
Australia

Re: Peacocks of Essex, England

Posted: 10 Nov 2013 12:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
There is an interesting entry in the parish register for Abbess Roding 1801 concerning this family. Mr Francis Pettit was the Parish Clerk. It is recorded that his daughter Ann was killed in 1801 by lightning as she sat by her window nursing her child. The child was unharmed. The deaths of Francis and his wife Sarah are both recorded later in the same year. These entries can be viewed on the website of the Essex Records Office (SEAX). Daily access can be bought. I am interested in the Peacock family. The name is quite common in the villages around Matching Green. My branch of the family can be viewed as the result of work done by Mr Bill Burgar at his website: burgar.net.
I think that I may have contacted you in the past but cannot see any evidence of this among these threads. Alan Peacock (alan@peaky.freeserve.co.uk)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions