Search for content in message boards

Alexanders in Perry County Ohio

Alexanders in Perry County Ohio

Posted: 20 Oct 2013 8:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Alexander Ferguson Boyd
Searching for parents of JF Alexander or Joseph Ferguson Alexander. Born in 1818 in Perry County Ohio, died in Athens County Ohio in 1910. He married a Susan Boyd in 1838. They had six daughters!

In all census records he states his parents were born in Ohio. His death certificate which was completed by his daughter Jennie lists his parents as UNKNOWN.

Trying to connect JF Alexander to the rest of his family. And have been looking for years for some southern ohio Alexanders.

I feel its reasonable to assume his mothers maiden name might have been Ferguson following naming conventions of that time.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Alexanders in Perry County Ohio

Posted: 21 Oct 2013 2:26PM GMT
Surnames: Alexander
My Alexander family lived in southern Ohio, namely Ironton, Lawrence County. I do not have a Joseph Ferguson Alexander in my tree. However, he could be a son of one of my gg-grandfather's siblings.
John Y. Alexander and Elizabeth Ann Hays moved to Mt. Vernon Furnace, Lawrence County, Ohio from Franklin County, Pennsylvania around 1840. Six of the couple's 11 children were born in Pennsylvania. The other five were born in Ohio.
The sons who were born in Ohio were: John Wilson, Joseph and Hiram Alexander. I don't have any other info about Joseph or John Wilson, but I know that Hiram married and had two girls and one boy, Charles. I give you more info if you think that this might be the family that you are looking for.
Good luck.
Susan Alexander

Re: Alexanders in Perry County Ohio

Posted: 21 Oct 2013 2:43PM GMT
Thank you Susan. That is certainly a lead I can look at.

He states his parents were born in Ohio though...Their estimated birth date based off of his would have to be late 1700's or VERY early 1800's.

I suppose its possible that is a mistake. Because I do feel at taht time in our states history it is MORE likely his parents were born outside of Ohio.

But I will see if I can find further info about your Joseph.

Thank you!

Dawn
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions