Search for content in message boards

Parks Family in Mich.

Parks Family in Mich.

Posted: 1 Aug 2000 3:36PM GMT
Edited: 6 Apr 2002 7:34PM GMT
I am trying to find information about my husband's family.

Father: Edward Ernest Parks born in Mich.
Grandfather: Edward L. Parks possibly married to Doris Scott. Had 4 children Edward Ernest (husband's father), Freddie, Lee, and Donna. Possible siblings of Edward L. Parks is Reeva and Lee. Descendants of these people may still be in Mich.

I have very little information and the information I have isn't confirmed since both of my husband's parents are deceased. Supposedly all siblings of Edward E. Parks are also deceased. Edward E. Parks married a second time, her name is Linda. They had at least two children, one being a son Edward. They may still be living in Mich.

It is rumored that Edward L. Parks and wife are of Native American descent.

I would appreciate any information available. Please e-mail me at scubyjoy@aol.com

parks in michigan

sharon nash (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2000 6:42PM GMT
my family originally came from scotland and went to livingston ny then to stending stone pa then to michigan by way of wisconsin...check out the ste(a)nding stone pa area....lots ofparks used that as a sending off area to other parts of the us..many were native american

Arthur E. Parks

Sheila (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2000 6:28AM GMT
Hi, Iam the daughter of Arthur E. Parks Jr. his father died in or around 1990 (possibly before) he was currently living in Kalamazoo, MI> e;maile me for more info.

parks family

sharon (View posts)
Posted: 15 Aug 2000 7:58PM GMT
hi, just got back in town and saw your message....please reply

Sheila (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2000 5:53PM GMT
Hi, well I noticed that you also posted a message about ulmer or elmer, my fathers middle name is Elmo; Arthur Elmo Parks Jr., so I wonder if there is any connection between them? My father actually has traced much of his family back and I'm sure would be happy to share the info with you if he thought there was any relation.

elmer parks

sharon (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2000 8:20PM GMT
not sure if he is the same...i have the obit...from his father -john hunter parks and they have ulmer/elmer listed as rev parks son...gets very confusing -, i havelotsof photos toshare...email me with other info maybe there is connection somewhere

Arthur E. Parks

Posted: 25 Oct 2000 3:46PM GMT
I have traced the Parks Family back to Barton Township, Mich. John Parks married Josephine Fetterhoff. I believe John was the youngest of 5 children at the time he was born. John Parks was born in 1883-1884, he is my husbands great-grandfather. That is as far as I've gotten. Maybe Arthur John could be related. e-mail me at scubyjoy@aol.com

Parks Family

Posted: 2 Dec 2000 4:24PM GMT
I read your message on the Family History.com and John Henry Parks whom was married to Josie Fetterhoff are my great grandparents. I live in Houston Texas my name is Deborah Forsyth Taylor. Rayma Ruth Forsyth who is John Henry Parks daughter married Wallace James Forsyth Sr. whom is my grandfather. PLEASE e-mail me I would love to hear from you on any information I am trying to do my faimly tree. I even have some pictures I could scan and e-mail to you. Thanks, Debbie E-mail boftay@aol.com

Re: Parks Family in Mich.

Posted: 10 Nov 2009 1:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Your husband's father's name was Edward Parks. He is my father's cousin.

Edward Parks married Doris Scot (only one 't'). They had four children. I have listed from oldest to youngest: Robert Parks married Joanne Livingston. They had 5 children: Robert, Barbara, Joyce, Steven, and David. Edward and Doris second child was Donna Parks and James Wood. They have 3 childre: Debbie, James, Margaret. The third child of Edward and Doris was Eddie (Edward) Parks. His first wife's name was Kay Smith. They had 2 children. I don't know their names. His second wife was Linda. Eddie and Linda had 2 children. The last of Edward and Doris was Freddie Parks. He married Rosie Price and they had no children. All of these attended my wedding in 1974. Doris Park lived in an apartment building that I managed. Feel free to contact me at htinney@aol.com

Re: reply

Posted: 22 Jul 2010 7:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, My mothers father was Wibur Marion Parks. Born in Grand Rapids and died in Battle Creek. He was a descentant of William Maglen Parks. Contact me at:
cdinstett@comcast.net. I am working on the Parks genealogy now.

Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions