Search for content in message boards

Samokleski Village

Samokleski Village

Mike Jagoda (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bronczyk, Grzegorzewski, Jagoda
Looking for any family in the village of Samokleski in Podkarpackie Province. Hope to then find my grandmothers family, Bronczyk.

Samokleski

Cynthia Willman (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Doneilo, Danilo
Hi, Mike: You may already know this, but odds are your relatives were Carpatho-Rusyn. There's a great site where I ordered some gifts from the Carpathian region, and I also ordered some photographs to be taken of Samokleski, which is the new name of the village where my Doneilo/Danilo ancestors lived in the 1800's. It used to be called Huta Samokleska and it's close to Pielgrymzka (tough to spell). These sites also have maps and information on those villages and many family names:
http://www.iarelative.com
http://www.carpatho-rusyn.org

Re: Samokleski Village

Posted: 12 Feb 2010 2:06AM GMT
I realize that this is an old post but I am researching family from Samokleski and Mrukowa. There are several surnames that show up in Cleveland, Ohio from that area. They are Byczek, Twardzik, Wojdacz, Sokolowski, Kmiecik, Bielski, Bronczyk, Socha, Szetlak, Sanicki, Glod, to name a few. These families from Samokleski and Mrukowa also settled around Mayfield, PA and Hazelton, PA as well as some in Webster, MA and Norway, MI. I'm trying to piece all the families together but records for Samokleski are relatively non-existent. If you would like to share more info, please contact me.

Trina Galauner

Posted: 21 Dec 2010 9:29PM GMT
I have Bilski from Mrukowa to Cleveland. I also have Lacki, Szetlak and Bronczyk

steve

Posted: 22 Dec 2010 4:21AM GMT
Surnames: Byczek, Mliczek, Twardzik
Hi Steve

I've been tracing these names as well but haven't tied them directly to me. Do you have a family tree posted online? I'm curious if our families would link up somewhere. Obviously, people from Mrukowa and Samokleski were drawn to Cleveland for some reason.

Trina

Posted: 22 Dec 2010 3:35PM GMT
Trina

I do not have an online tree. Most of my older data lives on the Klimas Family Tree at Ancestry - 9293227. The LDS does have films for Samokleski - I just ordered them. My Bilski are from Mrukowa, but Samokleski seems to be the nearest RC parish. I do not know if the films are new or something just "clicked" for me. If I find what I hope to, I will send the info and scans for posting on the tree.

The Bilski s came to NY then settled for a few years outside of Scranton before going west. Interesting in that the story of "it looked like home" does not make sense for the urban Cleveland, but perhaps the PEOPLE looked like home and family !

I do not subscribe to Ancestry- I like original sources and was grandfathered from Rootsweb (and from Compuserv genealogy forum!), but feel free to write to my profile address.

Wesolych Swiat!

steve

Posted: 22 Dec 2010 7:54PM GMT
Hi Steve

I only see Samokleski (Szubin) in the Mormon catalog. This is not the one we want. Did you find the Samokleski records elsewhere on a different film? I searched for Mrukowa too but they don't have them filmed either. Thanks.

Trina

Posted: 16 Jun 2011 3:45PM GMT
Surnames: Kichard, Kityk
Hello Trina and Steve,

The LDS has not micro-filmed the church records for Samokleski, Powiat Jasielski, Poland.

I visited that area of Poland five times since 2003 and viewed the records at the RC Church in Samokleski on two occasions. The parish priest, Fr. Wilk, said the local bishop would not give the LDS permission to micro-film the church records.

I have Kichard family that once lived in the villages of Samokleski and also Mrukowa and am interested in knowing more about those families.

My GF's older brother was Pawel Kichard (b. 28Dec1868, house#15 in Huta Samokleska, d. 22Oct1944 in house#37 in Mrukowa). He married Marianna Bilski in Mrukowa on 17May1893. Marianna Bilski: b. 25Apr1866, died 7June1929.

I will be visiting Poland again this coming July.

I'd like to hear from both of you and any others with family ties to villages in that area.

Andy Smith
Pittsburgh, PA

Posted: 16 Aug 2011 7:20PM GMT
Surnames: Byczek, Baciak, Buczakowski, Twardzik, Socha, Bilski, Wojdacz, Glod, Szetlak
Hello Andy

Sorry I did not reply before your trip. I hope you were able to find more about your Kichard family. Can you tell me the names of Marianna Bilski's parents and grandparents? I'm trying to link several families together that are from the Mrukowa and Samokleski area. Surnames includes, Byczek, Baciak, Buczakowski, Twardzik, Socha, Bilski, Wojdacz, Piwowarski, Glod, and Szetlak.

Trina

Posted: 17 Aug 2011 2:02AM GMT
Trina

I have Wojciech Bilski (b 1869) in Mrukowa. Father Pawel and mother Katarzyna Szetlak. Wojciech married Maryanna Lacki and immigrated to Cleveland
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions