Search for content in message boards

Peter Carroll, Louth Ireland

Peter Carroll, Louth Ireland

Charles Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2000 4:54PM GMT
Any information on Peter Carroll, Louth Ireland? Had at least one son, Richard Carroll, born 1846(?) in Louth, came to America 1860, settled in Connecticut. At least one daughter, Mary, married Castro, moved to California 1880's.

Carroll's of Louth

Kate Carroll Bowling (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2000 7:34PM GMT
My Carroll family originated in County Louth, Ireland also. James Hamilton Carroll born 1754. children elizabeth, James, John, Thomas Benjamin and Francis. Married to Mary Bellows. Have been trying to find a connection in Ireland. Visited Louth Village last April and took a lot of notes from the cemetery. There was a Peter Carroll died Aug 17, 1792. Also a Peter that died Aug 13, 1841 child of John and Bridgett. Also a Peter that died Jan 4, 1849. Also a Peter that died April 13, 1856. You can see how difficult it is to track once you get to Ireland. Beautiful little town.

Carroll's of Louth

Charles H. Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2000 4:56AM GMT
Kate,
Thanks for the information. Could you e-mail me at ccarroll@downcity.net since I have some questions. Thanks again for your time. Charlie Carroll

Carroll of Louth

Kate Carroll Bowling (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2000 2:39PM GMT
Charles, I sent email to address you indicated but have not heard from you. If you have questions please email to me.

Re: Carroll's of Louth

Mary Alpern (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2003 10:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carroll Carrall Maloney
gggrandfather Matthew Carroll born around 1815 Ireland very possibly County Louth, lived in Waterloo and Ovid NY, married Ann Maloney, son James married Mary Cronin, Corltand NY
Children Johanna/Josie, Matthew, Maurice/Morris all born 1890s.

any connection?

Re: Carroll of Louth

Posted: 15 May 2004 4:50AM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2006 6:19AM GMT
Surnames: Carroll, Meehan, Graham, Quinn, Cunningham, Campbell
I have a James Carroll b. 1832 in Louth, Ireland. He married Ann Elizabeth Belton in New York and had about 10 children. Do you know anything about them? Thank you for any information
Judy

Sally Vaughan-Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2004 11:31PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll Hanrahan
My husband's ggrandfather was Edward Carroll listed on his Army enlistment as born In Mountrath 1828. My husband was a James Carroll born 1928 in Hampshire England to Anthony Errick Carroll (son of James Joseph Carroll born in India to above Edward and a lady whose only known identity is her first name) and Gladys Ilife. I have no knowledge of Edwards parents or siblings as yet. AND Carroll is a common enough name but being a catholic family it is possible there were more. . . perhaps more census records will atttach them together. . . good luck.

Posted: 15 May 2004 11:58PM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2006 6:19AM GMT
Surnames: Carroll, Meehan, Graham, Quinn, Cunningham, Campbell
Hi
I really am looking for the parents of Jeremiah Carroll b. 1854, in New York. My uncle said that there was a relative in New York that was secretary to Cardinal Hayes. To make a long story short, we came up with Thomas Carroll, born in Poughkeepsie, New York to James Carroll b. 1832 in Louth, Ireland. James is 20 some years older than Jeremiah, so thought they might be cousins? I don't know what the relationship is. I have a listing of both Jeremiah and James and their wife's and children. I thought that maybe someone would have the connection for me between James and Jeremiah. Thank you so much for responding, and if you find anything out, do let me know.
Judy

Re: Peter Carroll, Louth Ireland

Posted: 8 Apr 2009 1:53PM GMT
You may wish to contact Timothy Carroll whose email is tcarroll@pentel.net. He has a great deal of information on Peter who was a tenant farmer near Ardee, but brought his parents (Patrick and Rose) to America in the 1830s..?

Re: Carroll's of Louth

Posted: 6 Feb 2011 4:02AM GMT
I am related to James Hamilton Carroll..his son Thomas Benjamin and so on!! How are you related?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions