Search for content in message boards

Where can I get or send for Reynolds County, Obituaries?

Where can I get or send for Reynolds County, Obituaries?

Posted: 10 Jan 2007 3:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Middleton Brawley Brimm
Can someone tell me if there is a place to send for obituaries from Reynolds or Iron Counties? I am not familiar with Missouri as I live in Michigan and would appreciate some guidance. Thanks if anyone can help or offer suggestions

Re: Where can I get or send for Reynolds County, Obituaries?

Posted: 11 Jan 2007 1:38PM GMT
Good Morning,

Here is the link to the Iron county [Missouri] genealogy site which is great and it will take you to
Reynolds county in addition to other connecting counties:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~moicgs/icgs_home.html

Here are a couple of web sites that have helped tremendously. These site are not just for Reynolds county so don't be mislead by the titles:

This site if for all counties in Missouri only and the year 1956 was just added:

http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/deathcertificates/

This is a great site for obit's. It is mostly for Saint Francois Co., Mo but I have found many obit's for descendants from other counties at this site:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~mackley/Obit_Surnam...

Here is a cememtery site for you to search. you may be surprised how many folks from other counties are listed here:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~mostfran/cemeteries.htm

Last but not least you can ask me to do a look up for you BUT I do NOT have a set time to do these...I do them when I have time to go to the only neswpaper library for Missouri. I would be happy to do a few look ups for you if needed but you must have at least a death month and year for me search.

Happy ancestor hunting to you!
Gloria G

Posted: 11 Jan 2007 4:00PM GMT
Surnames: Middleton Brawley
Thank you so very much for the help. It is much appreciated.

Posted: 11 Jan 2007 5:52PM GMT
I have Louisa Jane Brawley 1-4-1867/12-20-1915 who was married to Joseph Conway.......They mostly lived in
Shannon County area. Do you have her in your records?
I have a photo of them with their two youngest son's a
couple of years before her death.
Judi

Posted: 11 Jan 2007 7:09PM GMT
Surnames: Brawley, Davis
I have a Louisa Jane Brawley in my family tree, d/o William Carroll Brawley & Mavilla Brilla Davis, m. abt. 1859 in Reynolds Co., MO. I have no dates on Louisa, but a DOB of 1867 would be about right. Can this be the same person?

Posted: 11 Jan 2007 8:50PM GMT
Surnames: Middleton Brawley Dean
She may be related, but I haven't gotten into the Brawley line that much yet. My Brawleys come from a 19 year old young woman named Grace Brawley who married James Henry Middleton in 1910 and died about 5 years later. I have hunted through thousands or census records and can find no trace of her. She is found in the Union Township, Iron County, 1910 Census living with a Middleton family and her future husband James Henry days before her marriage to him. I can find nothing on her in Missouri records before 1910. So I haven't been able to do much on the Brawley line until I figure out who Grace Brawley came from. I will keep this letter for reference though Thanks for the feedback.

Posted: 9 Oct 2007 5:27PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Johnson
Hi Gloria,

I have been searching for information on Camel/Campbell Johnson and Polly Ann Johnson for years. Do you have any information at all on the two of them? She died in Sept. of 1909 at Farmington State Hospital, but I have no idea where she was buried. Camel/Campbell died before her but I don't have the month or year. Aproximately he died about 2-3 years before her. Also, I am looking for his first wife, Charlotte Johnson. They were married in 1860 but I never found her after that. She must have died because he married Polly Ann shortly after that year.
I would be so grateful if you could help me with even one of these people. Thanks so much
Shirley

Posted: 9 Oct 2007 6:38PM GMT
Hi Shirley,

I sent you a private email.

Gloria

Posted: 12 Jan 2008 9:37PM GMT
I am looking for a Obit for James Adkins,I found a Land Grant for Reynolds Co 1859 but he was not found in the census in 1860.

Also Mary E Adkins(maden name unknown),she was the wife of William A Adkins of Lesterville.She died in 1919 and is buried in the Dobbins cemetery in Lesterville along side William.Her Death cert is not found in the State of Mo Archives. Thanks!

Eric

Posted: 12 Jul 2009 12:56AM GMT
Gloria, I know this is an old query but I'm hoping that you will still get a reply. In your response to this query, you stated that you would be willing to do a newspaper look-up for an Obit. I would be very grateful for your help in locating an obit for me. You can contact me at:
mholmes1228@bellsouth.net

Thanks, Mike
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions