Search for content in message boards

Wilkins of Niagara County

Wilkins of Niagara County

Posted: 28 Aug 2001 2:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Aug 2001 10:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wilkins
I am looking for information on Lewis and Wilhelmina Wilkins. They had a daughter that was born in Lockport, NY in 1878 her name was Frances. Three other daughters were born in Iowa where they moved sometime after 1878 probably close to 1880.

Lewis's parents were John and Henrietta Wilkins and they resided in Niagara County too in the Wilson Twp in 1860. They three other children Aaron, Hulda, and Amos.

Any Wilkins information will be appreciated.

Re: Wilkins of Niagara County

Posted: 25 Jan 2002 2:48AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2002 4:17PM GMT
Mary:

My great great grandfather was Lewis John Wilkins born in 1843 in Germany. Lewis died in Ransomville, Niagara County, NY in 1890. His wife was Christing Luder.

They had Caroline, August, Louis John, Emma, John, Fred and William. I know that Louis was born in 1869 in NY. Possibly there is a tie in with your family.

Dan

Posted: 25 Jan 2002 2:57AM GMT
There must be a tie in somewhere in the line because the names of the children you mentioned appear throughout my Wilkins line. The one that struck me the most was August. Do you know where your people went after New York? Mine settled in Iowa, Monona County to be exact. Let me know if this is where your folks went. We'll keep comparing notes if that is okay with you.

Sincerely,
Mary

Posted: 25 Jan 2002 2:57AM GMT
There must be a tie in somewhere in the line because the names of the children you mentioned appear throughout my Wilkins line. The one that struck me the most was August. Do you know where your people went after New York? Mine settled in Iowa, Monona County to be exact. Let me know if this is where your folks went. We'll keep comparing notes if that is okay with you.

Sincerely,
Mary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic