Search for content in message boards

WITUSCHEK from Fillipowa to Milwaukee

WITUSCHEK from Fillipowa to Milwaukee

Posted: 13 Feb 2007 4:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
As far as Wituschek in Austria Hungary or the USA I know very little. I am related through my AMENT WITUSCHEK lines in Filipovo. I am also in contact with cousins Mathiaus and Greta Wituschek of Germany.

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com

Stefan Wituschek probably b: 11 APR 1866 in Kula, d.1 OCT 1938 in Milwaukee, WI. left Filipowa and eventually moved to 592 12th ST. Milwaukee, WI (brother in Filipowa Johann AWAUK? AMENT?) Followed by his wife Magdalena Wituschek on Aug 13, 1910 arrived Ellis Island Sep 01, 1910 with there 5 children:

1)Anna b.1902
2)Gyorgy b.23 Apr 1897 Fillipowa d. 29 Oct 1989 lived Greenfield, Milwaukee, WI. (George)
3)Jozsef b. 1896
4)Katarina b. 1900
5)Stefan b. 1907

6)Johann WITUSCHEK b: 6 SEP 1891

Stefan probably came with a Son to Milwaukee who may had took residence in Milwaukee or Chicago. Johann WITUSCHEK b: 6 SEP 1891 in Filipowa However its not known what happened to the family George seems to be the only one that remained in the Milwaukee area. I could not find any census records for the family. Did they return to Fillipowa? Or spread out in the USA.
He was the son of Father: Stefan WITUSCHEK b: 14 JUN 1837 in Filipowa Mother: Anna KREWENKA b: 5 JAN 1840 in Filipowa
George possibly had a gr. grand daughters Rita Kay and Kathy Wituschek (m.Joseph George Stichart) who were beauty pageant contestants. Also possibly had gr. grandsons Thomas Andrew Wituschek and George Paul Wituschek. A Elizabeth lived in Wisconsin Born: 1897 Died: 1980

Other Wituschek lived in Doylestown, Pennsylvania and in other states. but we don't know if they were from the Fillipowa clan.

Does anyone have information on this family?
Thanks
KURT

Can any one find WITUSCHEK -Witaschek in Milwaukee

Posted: 13 Feb 2007 2:31PM GMT

Vitusek, Stefan a farmer, b. abt. 1845 lived Essegg, Croatia m. Margarcia b. 1852 possibly arrived Ellis Island Aug 30, 1910 had sailed from Bremen. They were coming to see there Son in law Earl or Carl SCHWARTZ in Grackonridge? Breckenridge? Allegeny, PA They had been born in Ivanovac,? Ivanovci?, (Lvastovic?, Lvastovac?, Svastovac?) Croatia. Race was German and the person in the old country was there son George Vitusek of 88 Rosiongaise, Esseg, Croatia There names however were crossed out?

Also Terezija Vituschek b. 1887 arrived from Filipovo at Ellis Island Oct 01, 1907 She was going to see here uncle in York? N.York?

These two families seem to be from the Wituschek's of Mahern, Moravia > Filipowa > USA German Donauschwaben group.

Whituschek, Wituscheck Witaschek, other spelling variations are Vitusek, Vituschek, Witaschuk Witeczuk, Witagcuk, Witajczuk, Wityczuk Witusk

Esseg = Osijek, Osek, Eszek,

Filipowa = Filipovo, Bački Gračac

Does anyone have information on these families?
Thanks
KURT

Re: WITUSCHEK from Fillipowa to Milwaukee

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 2:24AM GMT
My grandfather was George Wituchek of Milwaukee (1897-1989). George Sr. had a son, George Paul Wituschek, from his first marriage. My grandfather and the mother of George Paul divorced. He then married Elizabeth Sam, my grandmother. They had a son Raymond and a daughter Dorothy. My mother is Dorothy.

George Paul and his wife Christine had two girls, Rita Kay and Kathy. Kathy is married to James Karr and has two sons. Rita and Kathy were both in beauty pageants. Rita and Kathy both have children & grandchildren

My mother Dorothy Wituschek married Charles Kara (deceased 1981). They had a son, Jeff Kara, my brother. I am their daughter, Susan Kara Furukawa. My brother and I have married and have families.

Raymond Wituschek, my uncle, married Nancy Bancroft. They have two children. Thomas Andrew Wituschek and Karen Wituschek Stichart. Both Thomas and Karen have married and have families.

Posted: 13 Jun 2007 2:58AM GMT
Well Hello Cousin,
Pleased to meet you! Very cool! As it says in my post I have been in touch with some of our cousins in Europe, We connect in about 1800 in Filipowa, Batshka.

Do you have any information on the old country? would love to hear the story?
If you like you can contact me through this link. I have some news paper clippings on your beauty queens in your family, I sent them to our cousins in Germany

http://www.dvhh.org/web1/contact.php?cuser=kmccrary

Best regards
Cousin Kurt

Posted: 28 Jun 2010 11:31PM GMT
I'm reading your messages and the town seems so familiar to me...My grandmothers maiden name was Krewenka..She came to America and I believe settled in Philly...You mention names that seem familiar....I think somehow there is a connection...I believe Fillipowa is the village in Yugoslavia where she came from...My grandmother married Anton Koenig...they had several children...Elfrieda...Martin...Stephen...Franz...Hildegard who was born in the U.s...Let me know if you think there is a connection....Thank you Gitta Burt

Posted: 29 Jun 2010 9:54PM GMT
My Mother was born in fillipowa in 1944...She has a book about the town and families from there...I'm not sure where she got it...but it names families that lived there during the time she was born.....I will have to ask her ...If your family lived there during that time i'm sure they have a book with your families name in it....Her family name was Krewenka and Married into the Koenig family....The came to America and settled in Philly either between 1949-52..They then moved to Chicago where some of the family still lives...Hope this information is helpful....Gitta

Posted: 15 Jul 2010 3:56AM GMT
Hi Gritta......... Yep I think your right.

Re: WITUSCHEK from Fillipowa found in Milwaukee's German Newspapers Index

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 1:44PM GMT
Edited: 18 Mar 2013 2:26AM GMT
Surnames: Wituschek
"Stefan Wituschek probably b: 11 APR 1866 in Kula, d.1 OCT 1938 in Milwaukee, WI. left Filipowa and eventually moved to 592 12th ST. Milwaukee, WI (brother in Filipowa Johann AWAUK? AMENT?) Followed by his wife Magdalena Wituschek ..."

In case it's helpful, Magdalena Wituschek's death notices were published in the local German language newspapers. A George & Maria Wituschek published a public thank you following the death of an infant George Wituschek.

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
For more specific information contact:
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions