Search for content in message boards

Walter William Fowler

Walter William Fowler

Posted: 1 Dec 2011 12:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fowler & Mills
Searching for parents of Walter William Fowler, born abt 1878 in Bridgetown, Nova Scotia. Married Mary Agnes Robinson 1906 in Bridgetown. Marriage record shows father as William and mother as Margaret. The only William and Margaret I could locate was a Margaret Elizabeth Mills and she died in 1871.

Re: Walter William Fowler

Posted: 2 Dec 2011 10:16PM GMT
In the 1891 Bridgetown Census, there is an Ann Fowler, age 70 and with her is Frank Fowler age 23 and Ann says he is her son.
One more lad is with her, Walter Fowler age 13 and she says he is her Grandson. I cannot find this family in the 1881 Census, nor the 1871 Census.
Nor can I find Walter in the 1881 Census. Can you confirm if Walter was a barber as his Marriage record says??
Cheers.

Re: Frank Fowler

Posted: 3 Dec 2011 12:29PM GMT
This post was deleted by the author on 3 Dec 2011 9:32PM GMT

Re: Frank Fowler

Posted: 3 Dec 2011 4:13PM GMT
Carol, that is the wrong Frank. The Frank is a Blacksmith
in the 1891 Census, with Walter.

Posted: 4 Dec 2011 1:44PM GMT
Surnames: Fowler
He was a barber on some of the MA census. Also on his WW II record, which I just got today. It gives me another curve as it states he was born in Spring something, ME. But the address it shows is the same address that is on his death records, so I know it is the same person even thou the draft record has name as William Walter Fowler. Gets more confusing by the day.

Posted: 5 Dec 2011 1:04AM GMT
Walter and Frank (Blacksmith) are in Bridgetown 1907 List of Occupations, but not residing on the same street.
http://www.gov.ns.ca/nsarm/virtual/directory/
Cannot find them in the 1911 census which is the latest.
In the 1901 Census Frank is with an Ann Doucett, age 75 who likely is the same lady in the 1891 Census but I can't find any marriage for a Fowler to a Doucett during that ten year period. Also I question her age.
Neither Frank or Ann are in Annapolis Cemetery search, but maybe they don't have headstones.
No Fowlers Walters age in the Maine 1880 Census or the NS 1881 Census. Maybe a Museum in Annapolis or Bridgetown would have info, such as from newspapers of 1900 to 1910.
Our local Museum records info on individuals and has it on a small file card.
Cheers and good luck.

Posted: 5 Oct 2012 7:58PM GMT
Hi there, maybe I can be of some help here. Ann Doucet was born Dec 1825, she was presumably married to Reuben Fowler ( ? records) they lived in Annapolis and Bridgetown. Reuben died in 1868, Ann continued to live in Annapolis, Yarmouth and Inverness Nova Scotia. William snr was married to angeline Turner 1864-66. Angeline either died or they seperated, as I believe William remarried about 1891 and Moved to I think Lyn Massachusetts. The 1891 census shows Ann with Frank and William Walter both grandsons. Ann would be my great,great,great grandmother.....The history is very very sketchy and hard to discover. If you discover aynthing else other than what I have given you I would be pleased if you would share any/all info,

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 12:25PM GMT
Surnames: Fowler & Doucette
Hi Margaret, thanks for the info. Do you know where Reuben died and do you know where Ann was living in 1871. I have not been able to find her on that census.

Thanks in advance.
Betty Reese

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 12:34PM GMT
Margaret, I forgot to ask. Do you know who the parents are for Frank & William Walter Fowler?
Betty Reese

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 3:11PM GMT
Hi Betty, Reuben died April 14,1868 in Annapolis N.S. He was 79yrs and died of Dropsy! He was married twice, first wife was called Elisabeth Townsen. They married April 24, 1818 at Cornwallis twsp Kings Co N.S (listed if LDS records) no family info, no record of divorce, no record of any children. Margaret, William and Marie must have been their children as second wife (no listings) Ann Doucet was born 1825. The family moved between Annapolis and Yarmouth Co over the years. The only census Ann shows up on is the 1901 as living in Bridgetown with Frank. Frank is listed as her son! he was born Sep 10, 1873, Ann would have been 48 yrs. Reuben died 1868!William Walter and Walter William are the sons of William and Angeline (Turner) Fowler...William W married Blanche Bell Moser July 8, 1903 and Walter W married May Agnes Robinson Dec, 26, 1906. Both in Bridgetown N.S.

Margaret
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions