Search for content in message boards

Roach - Sandy Bottom

Roach - Sandy Bottom

Posted: 8 Aug 2001 11:49PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jan 2002 2:01AM GMT
Surnames: Roach
Does anybody know where Sandy Bottom or Sandy Bottom Hollow is in Rockingham Co., VA? I'm told there is a cemetery there known as the Roach Cemetery or the Johnnie Roach Cemetery.

Re: Roach - Sandy Bottom

Edward "Casey" Billhimer (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 2001 2:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Sandy Bottom is located along the foothills of the Blue Ridge
Mountains just south of Swift Run. Swift Run is a small community situated 4 miles east of Elkton, Va. (Rockingham
County) through which Rt.33 passes.
To get to Sandy Bottom one needs to travel on Rt.33 and turn
south onto Beldor Road (Beldor is another hollow) and go about a mile or so and take the first road to the left. Continue
east until you reach a small white church. There you,ll find
the Roach family cemetary.

Rockingham Co., VA Billhimers

Posted: 10 Jun 2003 2:33AM GMT
Edited: 17 May 2004 10:51PM GMT
Surnames: Billhimer, Cook, Trissel, Gochenour
Looking for Relatives of Henry Billhimer 1779-1861 son of Jacob Billhimer Sr. I believe he had four brothers and two sisters. Joseph, Michael, Jacob Jr. and John. There is a Rachel who married a Bright and one other early female marriage. I'm from Henry who married Catherine Cook daughter of John Cook. They had 5 known children. Mary, Elizabeth, Jacob, Rachel and one more son name unknown.

Re: Rockingham Co., VA Billhimers

Posted: 9 Apr 2007 12:09AM GMT
Surnames: Billhimer, Farrow
Hello, I saw your post on Henry Billhimer who married Catherine Cook. I am Henry's 4th great grand niece. I may be able to help with the kinship of this family. You can email me at lilangel32472@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic