Search for content in message boards

GEORGE Family in Iowa

GEORGE Family in Iowa

Posted: 25 Jun 2000 5:29PM GMT
Edited: 29 Oct 2004 4:52PM GMT
Looking for info on Irene Omega George. Think she was born in Marshalltown, IA. Father ?, mother-Wilmouth Ann, maiden name unknown. Irene married Harry Dame from Nevada, IA in Story county. Went to live in Des Moines, IA had five children four survived to adulthood. Anyone know her? Thanks

George family in Iowa

Posted: 6 Aug 2000 6:35PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 4:40PM GMT
Hi,

I have some Georges in by family that came from Iowa - my great grandfather on my dads mothers side (whew, can this get confusing or what?) was in Iowa in the mid 1800's. I don't know what his wifes name was, but one of his children was Eliza Jane George. any bells going off? Sure hope so.

marlene

GEORGE Family in Iowa

Posted: 7 Aug 2000 7:35AM GMT
I was beginning to think no one else was looking for any GEORGES. Eliza Jane doesn't mean anything yet. What I have is William Alonzo George of Georgia married Wilmuth Ann Griffin of Illinois, lived in Neb. for a while had one child there, Wynona.Moved to Iowa, Marshalltown,Marshall County, and to the best of my knowledge stayed there. I think there were seven children total, I have found the names of four of the seven.
Wynona, William, Opal and Irene. Irene was my grandmother and have been told that there were the same number of children born after her as before her so there should be three more, names unknown for now.
Pam

GEORGE Family in Iowa

Posted: 7 Aug 2000 7:41AM GMT
Marlene,
Sorry I forgot to give you dates, William Wilmuth married in ILL in 1873,Wynona was born about 1876, William about 1877, Opal about 1879 and Irene was born in 1881. Irene grew up in Marshalltown and married a man from a neighboring town, Nevada,IA in Story County and they moved to Des Moines and lived there until his death and she then lived with one of her daughters in Jacksonville, FL until just before her death in 1950.
Pam

Georges in Iowa

Posted: 7 Aug 2000 9:49AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 4:40PM GMT
Pam,

Man, I wish I had more info on my Georges - really hard to dig up stuff that long ago!

We'll hang in there!

marlene

Georges In Nebraska and Marshalltown, IA

Posted: 27 Apr 2001 7:28PM GMT
Edited: 3 May 2003 7:11PM GMT
Winona A. GEORGE was my grandmother. She was the second of twelve children born to the union of William Angelo (not "Alonzo"!) and Wilmuth Ann GRIFFIN: 1)Alpha, possibly, a stillborn/no dates; 2)Winona A/b 2 Jul 1875 at 16th & Douglas Sts, Omaha, Douglas, NE/m 25 May 1895 to Ezekiel Bertel EVERIST/d 23 Dec 1945; 3)William Angelo II/b 5 Mar 1877, Boonesboro, Boone, IA/m 29 Sep 1902 to Emma Caroline GREINER/d 18 Sep 1949; 4)Opal Octavia/m George Edward LISTON/d 12 Mar 1906; 5)Sarah Bodicia "Bodie"/b 23 Jul 1880/m ---- BOWERS/d 18 Mar 1937; 6)Irene Omega "Tad"/b 22 Nov 1881/m Harry L. DAME/d 8 Dec 1950; 7)Raphael Simeon/b 18 Jun 1884/d an infant 9 Jul 1885; 8)Virginia Gordothonia/b 28 Dec 1886 in Marshalltown, Marshall, IA/m George Ray LUTHER/d 22 May 1967; 9)Theresa Vasti/b Jan 1889 in Marshalltown, Marshall, IA/d an infant 4 Feb 1889; 10)Frances Ruth/b 17 Jan 1893 in Marshalltown, Marshall, IA/m Robert S. HAMBLIN/d 3 Dec 1944; 11) Wilmuth Viola "Babe"/b in Marshalltown, Marshall, IA/m David L. GARD; 12)Infant
b 4 Mar 1903 (buried at 7-65 Riverside Cemetery, Marshalltown, Marshall, IA) I hope this helps you, Pam.

Georges in Nebraska and Marshalltown, IA

Posted: 28 Apr 2001 4:11PM GMT
Mary, Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. I have most of what you sent except some of our info differs. I am trying to find info on William A., his parents Robert George and Rachel Bradbury back in Georgia and also get info on William's possible service in the Civil War. As to our different info, most references to William A. is either just W.A. George or William A. but on the marriage cert. from 1898 (he and Wilmuth had to remarry) it is William Alonzo, on the Riverside Cemetery papers it is Alonzo and also in the obit from the Marshalltown Times Republican. My info on Opal's death is from the Greene County Genealogical Society. They found two articles from the Grand Junction Globe, first Friday, Mar 2, 1906 "Mrs. George Liston has been very sick for a couple of weeks and the end came this morning. The funeral will be held Sunday morning at 11 o'clock" Then on Tues. March 6, 1906 a card of thanks was published, signed by Geo. Liston, Mrs. W.A. George and the family, thanking people for their kindness. I have not come across a "Bowers" as a spouse for Bodie. He must have been a first husband, in 1910 at the age of 31 she married Percy Walter Hall in Grand Junction at the home of her mother and then by 1930 when Wilmuth (her mother) died Bodie was Mrs. Mobley. Wilmuth Viola was also married two more times after David Gard, in 1930 in her mother's obit she is referred to as Mrs. Wilmuth Shean and then somtime after 1936 but before 1944 she became Mrs. Robert Myers and she and Robert are buried in Glendale Cemetery in Des Moines, IA. Finally from info from Riverside Cemetery in Marshalltown and another relative who lives there I have a listing of George burials and the infant you mention as being born 4 Mar 1903 was the child of Wm Angelo George and Emma Greiner. I may have so info that you do not have. If you would like to compare more please contact me directly at dal622@prodigy.net
Pam
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions