Search for content in message boards

Alexanders of Virginia - John, Ewell, Rawleigh, Euell

Alexanders of Virginia - John, Ewell, Rawleigh, Euell

Posted: 19 Feb 2014 8:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandmother was Catharine Alexander White born in Northumberland Co. Va. on 10 Sep 1806. Her parents were Euel Alexander b. abt. 1768 d. 10 Sep 1810 m. Dewanna Smither 19 Jan 1791. Euel’s parents were Rawleigh Alexander and Mary Hughlett , m. abt. 1766. He married, 11 Sep 1789, second Elizabeth Way Smoot, widow of Charles Smoot. They had three children: Betty, Vincent and Jesse D. Rawleigh’s parents were Ewell Alexander and Judith, maybe Townsend daughter of William Townsend. Ewell’s parents were John Alexander and Ann.

Recently I have been trying to research both the Alexander and Hughlett families. Not too much success, can you help me? The city of Alexandria, Va. was named for the Alexander family. Original immigrant was a John Jr. He owned land in Northumberland Co. Also the park, Caledon, was donated by the Alexander family.

Can anyone help, please?

Re: Alexanders of Virginia - John, Ewell, Rawleigh, Euell

Posted: 20 Feb 2014 8:09PM GMT
The names Rawleigh, John, Euel are names in the Lancester branch at alexanderdna.org. These Alexanders are all R1a1 and are not related to any of the R1b1 Alexanders. I am the volunteer head of the R1a1 Alexanders. They orginated in Northumberland/Lancaster. Do you have a family tree at Ancestry or could be send me your research? I can help you but first would like to see your research.

Thanks, Carole Lee Alexander

Re: Alexanders of Virginia - John, Ewell, Rawleigh, Euell

Posted: 21 Feb 2014 3:37PM GMT
Carol,
I would be happy to send the research of my first cousin and me. Do you want me to attach all 15 pages here or should I send it elsewhere.

As to DNA, another first cousin had his DNA tested and his is R1a1a. His father's grandmother was the Catharine mentioned in my previous e-mail. A second cousins is the same.

Regards, Bettye
per page

Find a board about a specific topic