Search for content in message boards

Clement Jackson - born 1680 Portsmouth, New Hampshire

Clement Jackson - born 1680 Portsmouth, New Hampshire

Susan M. Grady (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2003 2:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello!

I am doing research on the family of my 82-year-old mother, Ruth Louise Jackson Sinclair (Mrs. John P. Green) of Waltham, Massachusetts, a suburb of Boston. She now lives in Somers Point, New Jersey.
My mother's grandmother (her mother's mother) was Flora Estelle Conner (Mrs. Edward Cross Jackson) of Lewiston, Maine. She died and is buried in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Flora Conner had a younger sister Inez Conner. She married Mr. Atwood Joseph Jackson of Jefferson, Maine. (He is not related to Edward C. Jackson.) Inez and Atwood Jackson are buried in Jefferson.
I have recently learned that Atwood Jackson is descended from Clement Jackson who was born in 1680 in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. His wife was Sarah Hall. My mother and I would very much like to know who were the parents of Clement Jackson. We would like to know where in England the Jackson family lived, in what year they went to the American Colonies and if they went to Massachusetts or New Hampshire first.
My mother is the only one of her brothers and sisters still living. She would like to learn as much as possible about her family. Thank you very much for your kind assistance with our genealogical research.

Sincerely,

Susan M. Grady

Re: Clement Jackson - born 1680 Portsmouth, New Hampshire

brenda dennis (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2003 5:23PM GMT
Surnames: Jackson
Hello, I am a decendant of Clement Jackson. He is the last Known jackson in my research so far, but I do have info from Clement Jackson on down all the way to little Marysville, Ohio which is where some of his decendants have gone to, and are buried a few miles away from me. I will give any info you would like if I have it. Also, go to www.familysearch.org and put in the name, you will be pleased. If it doesnt give you answers, maybe I can.Brenda Dennis
d-bdennis@mindspring.com

Posted: 4 Aug 2003 6:17PM GMT
I am trying to find the parents of William Jackson born 1786 in Maine. Original I found information that he was the son of Joseph Jackson (b. 1752) and Hannah Kennedy, who was the s/o Joseph Jackson (b. 1707) and Abigail Laskey. The older Joseph Jackson being the son of Clement Jackson and Sarah Hall. Lately I have found that William could be the son of Levi Jackson and Sardina Pratt (but the dates do not match my information).

Barbara Craig

Susan M. Grady (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2003 10:55PM GMT
Dear Barbara Craig:

I tried to send you two E-mails by using your E-mail address, but they did not go through.
Below is the first one.
The second one I copied from the message above yours here under Clemnt Jackson. It is from Brenda Dennis and is dated July 29, 2003. It gives the ancestors of Clement Jackson. I will try to type it up in a chart this weekend and send it to you via E-mail. During the week I work.

Sincerely,

Susan M. Grady

First E-mail message I tried to send to you.

Thank you very much for your message. I went on the Internet website www.familysearch.org. Their records say that William Jackson was born January 24, 1786 in Jefferson, Maine and that he was the son of Joseph Jackson and Hannah Kennedy Jackson.
I will forward to you in another message information about the ancestors of Clement Jackson the grandfather of Joseph Jackson.

Sincerely,

Susan M. Grady

Posted: 12 Mar 2010 11:57PM GMT
I have done research on Dr Hall Jackson of Portsmouth NH. He was the son of Dr. Clement Jackson of Portsmouth born in Portsmouth 1705/6, and married Sarah Leavitt. Dr. Clement Jackson was the son of Clement Jackson, mariner, born in Hardnes, Townstall, Devon England in 1708. Clement Jackson married Sarah Hall of Greenland, NH. You might want to check The New England Historical and Genealogical Register, January 1943, for more information on this Jackson line.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions