Search for content in message boards

Trying to find relatives around Harlan Co.,Ky

Trying to find relatives around Harlan Co.,Ky

Hope Powell (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Powell, Baumgardner, Shackleford, York or Yourk, Couch
My Grandfather is Marion Powell (born February 14, 1924 in Cawood,Ky). He is married to Mary Baumgardner (who is originally from around Virginia or North Carolina). He is the son of Otis Powell and Nancy Shackleford-Powell(born in May 30,1899) who was wed in 1920.

Nancy's mother is Susan Shackleford. Nancy's brother's name is Henry who was born in May 1891. Nancy's mother was also divorced. I am not sure what Susan's maiden name is.

My Grandfather's brothers and sisters are:
John Henry who was born on Jan. 8, 1923,
Faye who was born on Nov. 14, 1926,
Vinia who was born on May 22, 1928,
Otis who was born on Jan. 19, 1932,
Lawrence who was born on July 7, 1934,
Carlo who was born on July 28, 1937 and
Ernest who was born on March 23, 1940.

I also know that my grandfather had a great uncle named Floyd Powell and a cousin named James.

I am also looking for relatives on my grandmother's side.My grandmother's name is Mary Baumgardner-Powell.She is the daughter of Maude Baumgardner (I am not sure what her maiden name was)who was married to Jesse Baumgardner. My grandma's grandmother's last name may have been York or Yourk. I am not to sure on the spelling.
My grandmother has three brothers Kimp, Chester, and Robert(Bobb).

I am not sure how the surname of Couch is tied in because I do not know how many other cousins,etc. there are.

More Information

Hope Powell (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Reynolds
James Powell married a Nancy Reynolds.

Jim's sisters are Syria, Martha, and Becky.

Nancy has one sister named Katerine. She also has brothers whose names are charlie, Tom, Bill, and Marion.

My great-grandfather Otis' brothers and sisters are Beulah, Gertrude, Bindy, John, and Floyd.

Floyd has 2 girls whose names are Minnie and Ruby.

Family History

Annette Middleton (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Baumgardner, Gilbert, Sargent, Middleton
I am looking for information on
Elmer Jesse Baumgardner ( his parents, brothers, sisters etc)
Dollie Sargent (her parents, brothers, sisters etc)
Bonnie Gilbert aka Bama ( her family)

Arthur W. Middleton anything on him.

I know they all live in Harlan, and Evarts Kentucky.
between 1800s and the 1900s
Also
Elmer Jesse Baumgardner is listed on the US Policemen Memorial in Washington DC. If you know about his career
Please tell me the details.

Thanks

Elmer & Dollie Baumgardner

Penny Davis Fee (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Davis
Dear Annette,

Elmer & Dollie Baumgardner are my Great Grandparents. My grandmother is Hester Elizabeth Baumgardner Davis Creech.
She has told me so much about them and I did get to meet my great grandmother Dollie before. I am almost sure that she has the family bible being that she is the oldest of the children. If there is anything at all I can help you with let me know!!!!

nancy shackleford

john shackleford (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: shackleford
If this is the same Nancy, She was a sister to Nathan shackleford, MY GRANDFATHER, MY FATHER GLEN PRESTON SHACKLEFORD, BORN AT WHITESTAR IN HARLAN COUNTY, I WAS BARN AT BARDO KY. John Shackleford

john h. shackleford

suzy webb (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: shackleford
my dads name is john henry shackleford i think we my be relatives!!!! please email me !!! THANKS ,SUZY WEBB

Re: Elmer & Dollie Baumgardner

sharon (View posts)
Posted: 16 Feb 2003 10:03AM GMT
Surnames: moore middleton baumgardner thomas
im also looking for shorty baumgardner his wife and my grandmother were friends and she stayed with mrs baumgardner after shortys death.her name was polka thomas and was at one time married to milt middelton and after milts death as i can best understand was with melvin moore putting one of milts kids under his name a harley moore these men were all deputy sheriffs in harlan ky along with ben unthank
sharon

Re: More Information

Posted: 12 May 2004 11:33PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2004 2:52AM GMT
Surnames: Powell, Reynolds
Hi, I'm actually looking for the same family. My husband's grandmother Nancy (Powell) Stephens is a decendant of James Powell (granddaughter). I am actually looking for Nancy Reynolds ancestry and link to native american roots.

Re: Trying to find relatives around Harlan Co.,Ky

Posted: 1 Feb 2010 10:40PM GMT
I am Married to Ernest Powell my name is Judy and we live in Michigan .Ernest has lived here since 1964.We live in Emmett Michigan and by husband son has been looking up family on the Powell side.

Re: Trying to find relatives around Harlan Co.,Ky

Posted: 1 Feb 2010 11:41PM GMT
Can you give us some names and dates? without them it will be hard to help you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions