Search for content in message boards

MAHLKE, TEUFEL, ZELLMER, SCHMIDT, WILL

MAHLKE, TEUFEL, ZELLMER, SCHMIDT, WILL

Posted: 26 Sep 2001 3:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Nov 2003 12:21AM GMT
Surnames: MAHLKE, TEUFEL, ZELLMER, SCHMIDT, WILL
Searching for any information regarding the family of August G. MAHLKE who was born in Germany in 1836 and immigrated to the USA in 1864 with his wife Augusta ZELLMER Mahlke. After living in Wisconsin for some years, they settled in Balaton, MN, and he managed a flour mill in the area. They had 10 children: Ernest, b. 1863 in Germany (married Amelia WILL); Emma Mahlke, b. 1865 in Wisc. (married Edward SCHMIDT); Augusta, b. 1867 in Wisc.; Herman, b. 1866 in Wisc.; Paul, b. 1868 in Wisc.; Gustav, b. 1874 in Owatonna, Steele County, MN (married Ida TEUFEL); August, b. 1877 in Owatonna,MN; Ida, b. 1879 in Balaton, Lyon Co., MN; and Hulda, b. 1882 in Balaton, MN (married Rudolf TEUFEL). August G. Mahlke and some of his family moved to North Mankato, Nicollet Co., MN in about 1884, where they operated the Mahlke Brothers Construction Co. August G. Mahlke died in Mankato, Blue Earth Co., MN in 1927. Augusta (Zellmer) Mahlke died in Mankato, MN in 1906.

Re: MAHLKE, TEUFEL, ZELLMER, SCHMIDT, WILL

Posted: 22 Sep 2007 5:19PM GMT
Seeking any information about the family of August G. MAHLKE, b. 1836 in Brandenburg, Germany. His father was John MAHLKE. August G. MAHLKE married Augusta ZELLMER,
b. 1840 (her father was Ludwick ZELLMER) and they had one child born in Germany: Ernest O. MAHLKE, b. 1863. They immigrated to the USA and settled in Wisconsin before moving to Lyon County and then Nicollet County, Minnesota. In the USA August & Augusta (ZELLMER) MAHLKE had 9 more children: Emma, b. 1865 in WI; Augusta, b. 1867; Herman Julius, b. 1866 in WI; Paul Amadus, b. 1868 in Honey Creek, WI; Gustav A., b. 1874 in MN; August Edward, b. 1877 in MN; Ida, b. 1880 in MN; Hulda Amanda, b. 1882 in MN (She married Rudolf F. TEUFEL who was born 1875 in Posen, Germany); and Rudolf
A., b. 1886 in MN.

Posted: 16 Oct 2007 7:40PM GMT
Surnames: MITZNER, WILDER
I have read your messages re: Teufel and Pauline Mitzner. My question to you is do you find Louisa Mitzner born May 1858 Prussia married to Hans Wilder born April 1853 in Petersdorf, Germany? They were married Jan. 30, 1870 in Chicago, IL
They are my grandparents and I am trying to learn where and when she emigrated to Illinois and who her parents were. She has a brother August and a sister Caroline, both of whom I found living in Western Minnesota. I am told that Toni Mitzner of Balaton had them mentioned in her genealogy writings and I would like to make a connection for all these people if possible.
Thank you for your time and attention.
Alys Wilder Smith

Posted: 26 Oct 2007 10:34AM GMT
Surnames: MITZNER, BARNICK
Hi Alys,
I have a copy of the complete handwritten genealogy done by Toni Mitzner. Some time ago I input all of her data into my family tree computer program - at least I thought I did - and then I stored the copy away. I searched the data base for the names you asked about and I do find Hans Wilder and "Louise" (Mitzner) Wilder his wife. There is no additional information shown other than what you have on them. However, Toni has listed the father of Louise Mitzner as GOTTLIEB MITZNER (born about 1830). Caroline Mitzner is shown as married to WILLIAM BARNICK and August Mitzner is shown as Caroline's brother with the note that August Mitzner "moved to Canada as earlier as 1900's from Madison Lake, MN."

The curious thing to me is that Toni did not connect Gottlieb Mitzner or Louise Mitzner and Hans Wilder to any other families in her listing of names. I tried to find my copy of Toni's original genealogy before I wrote to you; but it has been so long since I worked with it to input the names into my computer program that I'm not sure where it is now. When I track down my copy of Toni's genealogy I will confirm whether or not she connected your grandparents to other Mitzners. Hope this helps some and good luck with your research, Roger

Posted: 26 Oct 2007 6:00PM GMT
Roger,
Thank you for your reply. I got some of that information from Chuck Taylor, however, listed on the death certificate for Louise Mitzner Wilder was her father's name being August. That is probably correct as her brother is August and my father's name is August. I contacted the wife of a grandson of August Mitzner living in Eckville, Canada. She put me in contact with Wayne Meyer and another cousin who then gave me names of three brothers, one being Gottlieb. This is where Pauline, Leontine and another sister come in marrying Tank, Teufel, Hasse. Without pulling my papers out right now I can't recall the other daugther's name or the husband. I have some pictures of the three girls and of the Tank family sent on to me if you would like to have them.
August Mitzner lived in LeRay township, MN near what is today Madison Lake in the later 1800s and moved to Eckville, Canada about 1903. Caroline married William Barnick and lived in Yellow Medicine County, MN and the last I find her is a census about 1910 owning a farm. I find her youngest son, Edward, living in Wells, MN 1930 census (where I lived my early years). My father was the youngest of fourteen children for Louise and Hans Wilder. I have not been able to locate passenger listing for Louise but did find the siblings. I have no information for them prior to coming to this country, but I am assuming they, too, came from Prussia
as did the above mentioned Mitzners.
I will be happy to look up the three Mitzner brothers and the children and post it for you if you would like.
Alys
Alys

Posted: 26 Oct 2007 8:39PM GMT
Surnames: Mitzner, Zellmer, Teufel, Tank, Klukas, Barnick, Wilder
Hi Alys,
Thank you for your response. Here is what I understand from the Toni Mitzner genealogy listing. There were 3 Mitzner children born to an Unidentified Father and Mother:
1)FRIEDRICK MITZNER - who married Louise ZELLMER and had 4 children: Pauline Mitzner who married Carl Wilhelm TEUFEL (my Great Grandparents); Leontine Mitzner who married August TANK and had 9 children; Louise Albertine Mitzner who married Fred KLUKAS and had 13 children and William August Mitzner (no info).
If you have pictures of these three Mitzner girls Pauline, Leontine and Louise I would love to see them as Pauline is my Great Grandmother and the other 2 are, of course, my Great Grandaunts.
2)HEINRICH MITZNER who married Caroline ZELLMER and had 6 children; and
3)GOTTLIEB MITZNER who married Unknown Name and had 3 children: August Mitzner married Unknown Name and had 8 children; Caroline Mitzner who married Willaim BARNICK; and Louise Mitzner who married Hans WILDER and had a son Mark WILDER (the only child shown on Toni's genealogy listing) - but, as you said, Louise and Hans Wilder actually had 14 children the youngest being August WILDER your father. Is this the Gottlieb Mitzner whom you believe was actually named August Mitzner and your Great Grandfather? Are these the 3 Mitzner brothers (Friedrick, Heinrich, and Gottlieb (or August) you were referring to? Do I have this right according to your understanding? Looking forward to hearing from you again, Roger

Posted: 26 Oct 2007 9:46PM GMT
Roger,
send me your e-mail address separately and I will forward pictures.
grande@clslaw.com

Posted: 5 Dec 2010 4:18AM GMT
Surnames: zellmer, Splinter, Meyer
Rosa wilder md william Meyer by Wells Minnesota. Not sure who her father was. I just now found her on census she was born 1887- 1889 i can findmore exact at my tree at ancestry. She lived Dunbar Faribault county, mn accordingtocensus

1925 census of iowa while she is married says that her father again is Hans [and that year always gives mothers maiden name] with her mother being Louise Mitzner. I will check our tree leafs to see if there is more there on the family.

I have been looking around Tracy for a supposed death of an aunt of the William Meyer in the tornado there in 1968.

I knew we had connection to watonwan zellmer with / maybe through Splinter, Knaack and Tatman, Miller this basic tree of zellmer is at worldconnect. This info today is new to me.

That all relates to meyer through My Naefke/ Grote connection to Jurgen Hch. williams Meyer's first son's second marriage to Grote.
William Meyer is child of Fred Meyer of Highland Greeene county IOwa. nephew then of my gr grandfather Jurgen Hch. William Meyer.

Posted: 5 Dec 2010 4:21AM GMT
Surnames: wilder, Mitzner, Meyer
ijust posted those very names. I am curious about the schmidt.and the will. I will go back and read more. The hans and louise were Rosas parents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic