jchips@inetmail.att.net

Ellend Throndson Qvale

JoAnn (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Qvale, Baardsdatter
Dear Mary,

Thanks ever so much for your info!

Yes, I would love to trace my heritage even farther back and would like the person's e-mail address for additional info.

I'm working hard on my family tree. Ellend and Durdei (or is it spelled Dordei?) are my great great grandparents on my grandmother's side, Tomena Amelia Throndson, who married Mark Loomis Sept. 27, 1904 in Minnesota.

Your assistance in sincerely appreciated. Thanks!!

JoAnn
jchips@inetmail.att.net

Ellend Trondsen Qvale

Edited: 23 May 2004 5:48PM GMT
Ellen Trondson Quale, b. March 6, 1802, son of Trond Ellingson Quale and Helge Christophersdtr. Born in Sogndal, SF, Norway. Married 6 Nov 1833 to Dordei Baardsdtr Quale, dtr of Baard Iverson Quale and Dordei Johannesdtr, b. Sept 13, 1812, d. Dec 2. 1893. This family em. 1846 on the Juno & settled in Christiana Twp, Dane Co., WI
Children:
1. Synneve, b. Sep 20, 1834, m. Erik Clausen Himle
2. Trond, b. July 27, 1836, m. Gjertrud Jensdtr
3. Baard, b. Mar 5, 1838, m. Oline Ivarsdtr Sylvarnes. Moved to Dodge Co.,MN
4. Dorthe, b. Dec 22, 1839, m. Svend Berge
5. Johannes, b. Nov 22, 1841, m. Martha Gilderhus. Moved to Dodge Co,MN, then to Griggs Co, ND
6. Ellend, b. Feb 18, 1846. Lived in Long Prairie MN

While I am only collaterally related to this family, I do know someone who is researching this line. If this is yours, please email me directly and I will put you in touch with him.
Mary Farrell

Ellend Throndson Qvale

JoAnn (View posts)
Surnames: Throndson Qvale
THRONDSON QVALE, ELLEND

Looking for Ellend Throndson Qvale, probably born in Norway. He married Durdei Baardsdatter June 24, 1860.

JoAnn
jchips@inetmail.att.net

Re: Ellend Trondsen Qvale

Posted: 21 Nov 2001 5:19PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2002 1:41AM GMT
Thank you Mary for posting this information. This is my daughter-in-law's family - she is desc. from Johannes Quale and Martha Gilderhaus son Severt Olas John Qualey and wife Anna Marie Hansen who migrated to Marion Co., Oregon and where the desc. still live. I will contact you directly.

Lara Fletcher (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2004 6:31AM GMT
Surnames: HIMLE, LISTOE
Dear Mary, Are you still out there? I am the ggreat granddaughter of Erik Clausen Himle - husband to your Synneve Qvale. If the contact you mentioned is interested in the Himle family in Dodge County, Minnesota, then I have some photos he may enjoy studying. The photos have my ggreat grandmother, Julia (Guri) Himle Listoe with a large group of people. Since I don't recognize the folks as Listoes, I presume they are Himles. Still, I would love showing them to someone who may be able to identify folks. Regards, Lara Fletcher

Lara Fletcher (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2004 6:33AM GMT
Surnames: HIMLE, LISTOE
Correction . . . I am the ggreat granddaughter of the youngest SISTER to Erik Clausen Himle. Sorry! I need to stop doing research at 1:00 AM when I'm too tired to think clearly . . .

Re: Himle

Posted: 28 May 2007 11:01AM GMT
Surnames: Himle

My great grandfather was Erick Anderson Himle (spelled Hemle on his gravestone in Deerfield, Dane County, WI). He was born in 1930 in Norway and died in 1900.

My grandfather, Edward Cornelius, was born in Dane County in 1877 and died in Fond du Lac about 1950. Of the nine children of Erick and Ellen, Edward and Susan were the only two to have children, one each.

My father, one of the two, Newman Edward Himley, was born in 1918 in Minneapolis and died here in Edgefield, SC in 1998.

My father told me that Erick Anderson was my great grandfather’s original name, but he changed it so as not to be confused with another man of the same name. I have often wondered how he came to the name Hemle/Himle.

In “ Early Norwegian settlers on Koshkonong Prairie 1839-41”, a man named ODD JOHANNESON HIMLE (Born: 15 Mar 1816; Died: 5 May 1893) is described as one of the earlier settlers in Dane County.
There is also reference to a Himle farm in Voss, Norway.

I have run across other Himleys but have no idea if my family is related. If not, my son, Matthew Himley, is the last of the line.

James Edward Himley
Edgefield, SC
jamesehimley@bellsouth.net
Posted: 23 Jun 2010 6:10AM GMT
Odd J. Himle is my g.g. grandfather. I am thinking that because Himle is pronounced Himla, that may not be a relation. At least not a direct line. It could be that you are a direct line from a cousin or brother of Odd's. He had other family members settle near Deerfield. Odd's children changed their name to Johnson. Although he did have a son that moved to Iowa but did not have children. I hope that helps. Denise Johnson Thousand

Re: Ellend Throndson Qvale

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 11:26PM GMT
Surnames: Qvale Himle Trygstad
Dear JoAnn,

I am working on my family tree and it seems we are related!
Ellend and Durdei are also my GGGrandparents on my Grandfather's side. Their Daughter Sonneva married Erik Himle and had Martha H ( married Peter Trygstad)who had James E. Trygstad.

I don't know any family on that side, but I am pleased to "meet "you. I would love to know more info too, if you have any.

Thank you,
Rebecca
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions