Search for content in message boards

looking for information on hutchison family from the tennessee area

looking for information on hutchison family from the tennessee area

Posted: 29 Jun 2001 8:22PM GMT
Surnames: hutchison
im the grandson of the late Ruben Ellis(Goose) of munford,Tennessee. Any infromation about him or his wife Laura Jackson would be helpful. I'm trying to trace my family background. Anybody know how or where i can find what the name hutchison means i would really appreciate it

thanks,
Harry Wayne Hutchison Jr

Re: looking for information on hutchison family from the tennessee area

Posted: 30 Jul 2001 4:42PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2003 11:03PM GMT
Much is known about the Hutchison/Hutchinsons of Tipton and Shelby Co., TN and DeSoto Co., MS. Many settled in the area after coming from York Co., SC and others passed through the area and settled in other Western US areas.

There is some 60 persons working on the Hutchison families coming from the York Co., SC family. We hope to compile and publish our work one day.

My husband descends from Samuel Hutchison's (Gen 2) daughter, Rhoda Hutchison, who married James Reid Sr.

Gen 1
John (d. 1776) and Sarah Hutchison (1737-1794), Immigrants. Had 6 children.

Gen 2
Samuel Hutchison (1763-1835) and Unknown Wife. Had 10 children.

Gen 3
John Hutchison (1790-1864) m. Mary Walker (1798-1865), daughter of John Walker and Rosannah Black. Had 9 children.

Gen 4
Marion/Minor Ellis Hutchison (c 1837-1910/20) m. Maria(h) Elizabeth Brunson (1846-1929). Had 5 chldren.

Gen 5
Finis Burrow Hutchison (1883-1964) m. 1st Viola M. ____ (c 1884- aft 1920) and m. 2nd Bessie Cl/Gatlin (c 1884 - aft. 1920). Had 12 children.

Gen 6
Rubin Ellis Hutchison (1906-1979) m. Annie Laura Jackson (c. 1922-1971). Had 2 known children: Harry Hutchison [who must be your father] and Daugther Hutchison who married Al Browder.

Enjoy. I have very little on your family other then obituary information and would love to include your data in our publication. We are going to only the year 1830 to protect living persons' privacy.

Posted: 30 Jul 2001 5:09PM GMT
Forgot to mention, that this is only an outline. I have other information as several descendants of John Hutchison and Mary Walker are known. They have pooled all their data together to produce a large database on this branch.

As part of a genealogical reunion in Rock Hill, SC in June 2000, we produced a 400 page draft book with the data compiled to that point. I could copy some pages and snail mail. Our inidvidual researchers have sent me at least 200 additional pages of data which has not been incorporated yet.

Happy to answer questions.

harry w. hutchison jr (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2001 8:38PM GMT
thanks for the information thats morethan i have been getting

Re: Tipton County and Shelby County Hutchisons & Hutchinsons

Posted: 31 Jul 2001 12:52PM GMT
If you have any questions, email me. I have some obits for your line, but may take some time to find the originals. Howvever, they have been typed into the draft manuscript.

May I email for specifics to your family? I only have the general Obit information. Not a lot of dates. Like to list as complete info on each individual as possible. Our draft will one day be placed in certain libraries and we want to have a wonderful research tool for generations to come.

Note: Once the family moved to TN, the orginial spelling of Hutchison branches began to change. Descendants currently spell it: Hutchison, Hutchinson, and Hutcherson.

Thanks, Linda

Correction

Posted: 31 Jul 2001 12:58PM GMT
Our information goes up to 1930 and not 1830 as noted in first response.

Posted: 12 Sep 2001 10:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Sep 2001 2:35AM GMT
I believe my great great grandfather, Isaac Newton Hutchison was b. ca. 1814 in TN or in KY. There are two possibilities for his father: a James Hutchison b. in Green Co. TN or an Alexander James Hutchison b. in TN. Isaac's mother was Sarah Campbell. Isaac d. 20 Mar. 1899 in Quenemo, Osage, KS and is buried in the Clinton Cem., near Lawrence, Douglas, KS. He md. first to M. S. (unknown), date of birth unknown. She died 11 Oct. 1844 in Fleming Co., KY. Isaac and M. S. had 7 children, James, Nancy J., Isaac E., Mary Ellen, Thomas Jefferson, William G., and Robert Taylor Hutchison. Isaac md 2nd to: Lucinda A. Morgan 7 Feb. 1848 in Bath Co., KY. Lucinda was b. 1 Sep. 1828 in Bath Co., KY. She d. 9 Dec. 1883 in Douglas Co., KS and is buried in the Clinton Cem., Douglas Co., KS. Isaac and Lucinda had 15 children: John Henry, Medora J., Alice C., Eliza Ellen, Anna H., Charles Morgan, Kate, Alma Baker, (my great grandmother), her twin, Alva Burton, Eurhoda, her twin, Erastus, Noah H., Effie May, and Campbell Hutchison.
Any help on finding Isaac Newton Hutchison's father would be greatly appreciated. Will be glad to share the information I have on Isaac's 22 children. Have traced most of them down to the present day. Thanks for any help you can give!! Marjorie

Linda Reid (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2001 2:24AM GMT
No links to your family in my notes. My Hutchison line came to Maury Co circa 1818, Obion Co circa 1825, and Tipton Co. circa 1827.

Good luck on your research.

L. Reid

Posted: 4 Oct 2001 3:48AM GMT
Surnames: HUTCHISON
How close are these places to Smith Co. TN? I have a whole bunch of Hutchisons who went there by way of Virginia, Ireland and Scotland. From Tennessee, they went to Arkansas, then on to Newton Co. MO. I have a Samuel, William George, Thomas D., Wiley B. and John. Any takers?

Posted: 4 Oct 2001 7:20PM GMT
Tipton and Shelby Cos. are along the Mississippi River. No where close to Smith County. Please look at an altas to see exact location.

Our Hutchi(n)sons first North American location was the Carolinas in Mecklenburg Co., NC and York and Lancaster Co., SC.

Good luck on your search.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic