Search for content in message boards

Brydges, Cobus, or Clement

Brydges, Cobus, or Clement

Jerry Brydges (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2001 6:20PM GMT
Surnames: Brydges, Cobus, Clement
Looking for info on Brydges, Cobus, or Clement esp. from Renfrew during the last hundred years. Also looking for relatives with these names who are still alive.

Re: Brydges, Cobus, or Clement

Marietta McHugh (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2001 3:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
My great-grandfather was Thomas Brydges who was a blacksmith in Renfrew and a railway man. He helped build the Kingston to Pembroke (K&P) railway and ran the Ashdad station. His daughter was Mabel Brydges who married James Donohue of Renfrew. Thomas' sister was named Dehlia (sp). Any of this sound familiar?

Clement (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2002 3:13AM GMT
Surnames: CLEMENT
Hi..could you tell me if you have specific CLEMENT family names in the Renfrew area...we do and are hoping to find some connections...and yes it is since abt 1862.thanks

Posted: 7 Jan 2003 3:43AM GMT
Hi, I just wanted to say my maiden name is Brydges, not sure if i have any family in Renfrew township. I am from Sault Ste. Marie Ont. Grandparents where Grant Brydges and Agnes maiden name Baillie. Grandfather was from Barrie Island, Manitoulin Island born 1897 his parents where Helen and George Brydges from where i am not sure.

P.S. email addy is wrong its ddobson2001@shaw.ca

Thank you
Tammy Dobson (Brydges)

Mark Schears (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2003 6:04PM GMT
Hello,
In my wife's ancestry, we have a Lawrence Cobus who emigrated from the Renfrew area in the early 1900's. We have quite a bit of information on his descendants. Lawrence's son married into the one of the Prince families of Renfrew as well; lived in Wisconsin.

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 8:55PM GMT
Hi. Thomas was my great grandfather as well and I believe you are my cousin. I note that you posted this note over 10 years ago but I am going to answer in case you have the same address. Hope to hear from you.

Gerry Jr.

Posted: 2 Mar 2013 9:32PM GMT

Can't believe I actually made a hit on this site. Yes Gerry, it's Marietta and I'm looking for the McHugh's etc. Have all of Sheila Jacobs work on the Donohues and am gradually posting into the Ancestry.com site...McHugh's -Renfrew County. Take a look!!

Posted: 27 Apr 2013 6:08PM GMT
Surnames: Donohue
Hi Marietta: I finally was able to have a look at the work you have done.

I just signed up for the 14 day trial so I am not familiar with the workings of the site yet.

I see many boxes labelled "private" so I assume this offers privacy to those of us still around.

The pictures were very interesting as some I had not seen.

I will be 70 thia year and Gail will be 69. She is going on a 2 week tour of Ireland this September. Our son Matthew will be 29 in December. Gail took him as a baby up to visit your Mom in Pembroke.

We live just outside the village of Carp in a home we built in 2003.

My e-mail is gldonohue@aol.com

Best wishes,

Gerry Jr.

We live just outside the

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 4:43PM GMT
Great to hear from you. I remember Matthew as a baby. Gail was so excited she had to introduce him to everyone...it was really special. I live in Calgary and have been here since 1990. I guess it's home now.

The software automatically denotes any living person as private which is a little annoying. I have all of the family tree work that Sheila did in the 70's and have to enter it all in. I was incredibly naive when I started this 10 years ago...it was only going to take me a year to do.....right. A decade later and I'm still slogging away. Oh well, it keeps me busy! Thanks for getting in touch and I'll try to get moving on this. Say hi to everyone

Maretta. Mmchugh1010@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions