Search for content in message boards

BENNETT

Posted: 8 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Dec 2001 1:27AM GMT
Roger,
Never knew a Bennett in Clay Co. but you have the right name. For me to be of help to you I need to know where Hezekiah was born. I have a Bennett line out of Va.
It is true that some did come thru Ky. One married a Hensley from Harlan.
Get back to list with place of birth. It may be a few days before I answer.
Cousins?
Florence Williams Cornwell

BENNETT

Roger R. Bennett (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
Seeking information on the BENNETT family of Gray Hawk, KY. Gray Hawk is now in Jackson Co. but my research leads me to believe that it was in Clay Co. before Jackson Co was formed in 1858. Clay Co. 1840 Census lists an Isun Bennett with 3 males under age of 5, one adult female and one adult male. Question: can anyone offer any additional information on this BENNETT family? I'm stumped, can't get past my GGFather Hezekiah K. BENNETT, born 4/12/1864. Any help greatly appreciated.

BENNETT

jan (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bennett
Do you have anything on an Ollie Bennett (male). Possibly out of KY to TN. In Cannon County, TN by 1874 -- before that? after that?

Bennett

Posted: 8 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2004 11:48PM GMT
Surnames: Philpot, Crook, Mullins, Sturgill

I have a Telitha Bennett (no info.as yet) Mar.to Thomas B. Philpot. Also, Jerry Gregory's Book "Touching the past" has Bennetts in it. So their should be some in Clay Co.Ky. Do you have a Telitha Bennett in you info.?
Posted: 20 Nov 2001 8:10AM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2003 6:16PM GMT
I am researching my family tree as well........and I believe that the Isum Bennett in the 1840 Census was misspelled,you will find in the 1850 and 1860 census that will confirm his name was actually Isham Bennett...........

Re: Bennett & philpots

Virginia (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2003 9:18PM GMT
Jill I saw your qurrie on the web and I was wondering who your Thomas Philpot was I am trying to find info on my g-grandfather Thomas Philpot born 1838 tenn died 1904 McAlester, Pittsburg Co, Ok hope you can help Virginia

Re: BENNETT

Dean Manning (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2003 3:52AM GMT
Isum (Isem) (Isham) Seen it several different ways. Is my great, great, great-grandfather.

His son, William Bennett, who along with his brother Henderson served in the 24th Kentucky Infantry USA during the Civil War

William eventually married Mary Jane Bennett (yes, her maiden name was Bennett) in Madison County and they moved to Covington, Ky.

Will be happy to exchange info with anyone who ties into the family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic