Search for content in message boards

Daniel Marion Abernathy in TX., + Gibbs

Daniel Marion Abernathy in TX., + Gibbs

Posted: 1 May 2010 3:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gibbs, Abernathy
Looking for descendents of Daniel Marion Abernathy who married Josephine Gibbs in Texas unknown.

Thank you

Harold

Re: Daniel Marion Abernathy in TX., + Gibbs

Posted: 30 May 2013 5:58AM GMT
I realize this is an old thread but my dad is Daniel Marion Abernathy of Altus OK, son of Charles Oscar Abernathy, Altus, son of Daniel Marion Abernathy, Missouri, and part of a long line of Daniel Marions. The best and easiest Abernathy site I've seen so far is located here. You click left and right for descendents and ascendents:

http://www.bernethy-eby-scribner.com/pedigree.php?personID=I...

The above website tracks to Robert Abernathy of Scotland 1624, but this website below says his father was George Abernathy de Barri of Scotland 1600?...
http://www.royalblood.co.uk/

Re: Daniel Marion Abernathy in TX., + Gibbs

Posted: 31 May 2013 6:20PM GMT
It has been definitively determined that Robert Abernathy of Charles City County, Virginia was 19 years old when he arrived on these shores in the early months of 1652, which puts his birthdate just prior to 3 Apr 1633. It has also been determined that George Abernathy 'de' Barrie did exist but on absolutely impeccable evidence that he had only one son and heir and that son's name was James, not Robert. The Barrie estate was sold to a MacDuff in 1722.

Mila Bernethy has had health problems compounded by job changes that have cut severely into the time she can work on her website. Most of what she has is well documented in our Project's master database. But Robert's year of birth on her website is incorrect, as is any link to George Abernethy of the Barrie Estate in Strath Isla. There is, as yet, not one iota of documentary evidence that can connect an illiterate bondservant (which is what Robert was for 5 years after arrival on these shores) to the aristocracy of Scotland. Period.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic