Search for content in message boards

CROUCH family

CROUCH family

Posted: 2 Mar 2002 6:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Apr 2002 12:38AM GMT
Surnames: CROUCH
Hello, I am looking for any information on any of the CROUCH family who may of had family from Washington or Greene counties in Pa. My father's name was Houston CROUCH, his father's name was ELISHA CROUCH. No information is to small.I know some first names of the family, and Cilvil War history. Would like to share any or all of this. Please, if you can help me E-MAIL me at trevorsmeme@yahoo.com. Bev

Re: CROUCH family

Posted: 13 Mar 2002 6:09PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2002 10:42AM GMT
Hi, Bev. Your father and my grandfather, Adah Crouch, were brothers. They were the sons of Elisha and Minerva (Black) Crouch. I have the obituary of Minerva in which all ll children are listed: John, William, James, Charles, Adah, Clarence, Edna, Helen, Marie and Mrs. H.B.Wilson . Elisha was born Aug. 6, 1852; died Feb. 14, 1917. He and Minerva are both buried at Westland Cemetary. I have more information on the various family lines and would be very interested in comparing it with what you have. Please contact me at klstringer@zoominternet.net

Juanita (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2002 11:43PM GMT
Surnames: Crouch & Holliday
Hi Kathleen, I saw your message and was wondering if you had any info on Amelia Crouch that married Josiah Holliday in Maryland in 1814? Thanks-----Juanita judurham@fuse.net

Juanita (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2002 6:56AM GMT
Hi Juanita,

I don't have anything in my files on Amelia Crouch. Most of my information on the Crouches is in southwestern PA. I've been trying to find out when Robert Crouch came from Maryland, if he had any siblings and who came with him to PA. If you have any information along that line, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks for your reply,

Kathleen Crouch Stringer

Posted: 20 Mar 2010 3:20PM GMT
Surnames: Crouch
Kathleen,

I'm researching this branch of the Crouch family or at least I think and hope you can help me out. It is actually my cousin's mother's line. Her father was Clyde Houston Crouch(b. 1896) married to Virginia Mackey. Clyde Houston's parents were William Houston Crouch(b.1875) married to Ida Belle Parshall. All in Washington County(PA). Supposedly William Houston's father was Elisha.

They sure threw that Houston name out there.

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 12:27PM GMT
Hi Dan
Which daughter of Clyde Houston Crouch and Virginia Mackey are you researching? Esther married Robert Lemley and __ Weitzel; Audrey married Donald Curfman and __ Johnson; Gladys married Joseph Redman.
Clyde's father and mother, William and Ida (Parshall) Crouch divorced; William married Minnie Pease and had two more daughters: Evelyn, married William Bucklew; and Margaret, married Charles Furman. Ida remarried as well - surname Duddy. She is buried in Westland Cemetery in Washington Co., PA, along with son, Roy.
Clyde also is buried in Westland Cemetery. Virginia Mackey Crouch must be buried in Chattanooga,TN.
Would love to hear more from you. Please contact me directly - kat52@zoominternet.net.

Re: Crouch Family - Virginia Mackey Crouch - Audrey Crouch

Posted: 8 May 2010 4:43PM GMT
Dan - have tried several times to reply to your e-mail but it keeps bouncing back. I'll try to contact you through this forum.
Anyway, thanks for the information about Audrey's sons. I believe that Audrey actually was married to your Uncle Don. A small article in the Morning Herald (Uniontown, PA)dated Mar 11 1952 - Audrey Curfman, a minor, of Waynesburg, granted divorce from Donald L. Curfman.
I don't have Audrey's birthdate - if you could supply that, I would appreciate it. Any information at all you have about Audrey would be helpful.
Audrey's father, Clyde Houston, and my dad were first cousins. Clyde's father, William Crouch, and my grandfather were brothers. I didn't know Uncle William - he died the year I was born (1952). We lived in Washington Co., PA and William and his family were in Greene Co.
I don't have much information on the Mackey line - my main research is the Crouch family. All I have so on Virginia is that she was born in Canton Twp., Washington Co., PA, a daughter of Harry Taylor Mackey (b. Oct 1871) and Mary Mostella Grimm (b. Apr 1876, PA); brother, Joseph Edwin (Ted) and sister, Wilda May. Harry T. was the son of James E. Mackey, b. Jun 1844, PA and Caroline/Manette, b. May 1839, NY. (1880 census, she is listed as Caroline; 1900 and 1910, it looks like Manette, but all three have NY as birthplace and the age is correct;father born in Germany and mother born in France.)
At first, I thought Mostella was Mary's maiden name, but I found an obituary for Edwin Mackey, in which she is named as Mary Mostella Grimm. An unusual name - was that Virginia's middle name, too? If your cousin has any additional information, let me know. I'll try to find more on the Mackey line and I can help with the Crouch line.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.
Kathleen (Crouch) Stringer

Posted: 8 May 2010 5:25PM GMT
Surnames: Curfman, Crouch
Not sure why my mail would be bouncing. I got what you posted below last night as well as the one last week and the one you sent this morning(5/8/10 @ 6:00am). I replied, about the same time as you posted this response, with 3 e-mails including one with all the data you requested on Aubrey and the Curfmans.

Posted: 8 May 2010 6:09PM GMT
Below are the two e-mails I got from you in the past 24 hours, I replied to both and then a third with the data. The majority of the data is of living people which I don't post online so hopefully you are getting my e-mails fine.

E-mail 1 from you:
Subject: Audrey Crouch Curfman

Date: Fri, May 07, 2010 8:05 am

E-mail 2 from you:

Subject: Re: Crouch
Date: Sat, May 08, 2010 6:06 am

Posted: 12 May 2010 10:14PM GMT
I had a grandfather Dheu William Crouch. I was wondering if he is part of this family. I really don't know much as he was estranged from his daughter, my mother. I believe he might have had a brother Robert. My mother was born in 1947 so he was prob born in the early 1900's-1920's.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic